༄ 26. Owls and Cats

Finally, it was the second day of the Inter High Volleyball Tournament. The Inarizaki players still couldn't believe that they were playing in the quarter finals today. Yesterday, they were just rookies, but now they felt like they could withstand everything.

Today they are going to play against Fukurodani Academy. Even though the school is considered a powerhouse and has one of the top five aces in their team, the Inarizaki players weren't even a little bit afraid. On the contrary, they only became more motivated to defeat them.

Before the Inarizaki players could go into their locker rooms, they were held back by two familiar players, who were wearing yellow highlight tracksuits.

"Heyy, OmiOmi! What are ya doing here? Are yer here to cheer for us?" The golden haired twin enthusiastically asked the clean freak, happy he saw his self proclaimed friend.

"No, I'm not," the black haired player immediately denied. On his right side, his nephew was laughing at his cousins denial, knowing HE actually insisted to come here to wish them good luck.

"We are honestly surprised you came so far. Congratulations! Oh, and good luck with your next match," Komori said.

"Thank you. Who are you playing in your upcoming match?" The Inarizaki captain asked.

"We are most likely playing against Nekoma High School," Sakusa answered.

"Neko?" Ayaka thought out loud, imagining a team full of catlike players.

(Note: "neko" means "cat" in Japanese)

Kita nodded and the team wished them good luck, and so the Itachiyama players left.

"Waaah, I can't wait to play against them 'Samu," the golden haired twin exclaimed.

"Me neither 'Tsumu," his twin responded.

"Before you two think about that, you should focus on your match against Fukurodani," the fox girl interrupted their conversation.

"Otherwise that dream would only remain a dream," she continued.

After the Inarizaki players were done with changing into their uniforms, they went to their field to do their warming up. Ayaka was preparing the drinks and towels, while Aristia talked with the coaches and Akihiko about the possible strategies for the upcoming match. Reiko sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. When she saw her blonde friend struggling with her job she decided to lend her a hand.

"Hey Aya, can I perhaps do something?" The ravenette asked.

"Oh, if you don't mind would you please fill the left bottles on the bench?" The golden haired girl asked.

Reiko nodded in response and went to the nearest water tap to fill the bottles. After filling the bottles she turned around to walk back, but only collided with a firm wall.

"Ouch, I really should watch were I walk," the raventte rubbed her head.

"I think I should do the same," the wall spoke.

Reiko, who was surprised that the wall spoke, looked up and saw a black haired boy, who was wearing a red volleyball uniform. The said boy also looked up and was shocked that he clashed with a beautiful long black haired girl, who was also just his type.

"Oh, hello beautiful. Are you alright? I'm sorry for colliding with you," the apparently really tall boy stood up and held out his hand.

Reiko grabbed his hand and stood up.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking. And it was also partly my fault that we clashed. I'm sorry," the ravenette apologized.

"No worries. I am Kuroo Tetsuro, a second year who attends Nekoma High School. May I know who you are?" The black haired boy asked.