༄ 38. The Reveal

Darkness. That was what our protagonist — Sohma Aristia — all saw. Her eyes were closed, while her body was floating into nothingness. She felt at ease. No thoughts about the real world. No worries about life. She felt relieved and could float for an eternity if she could. But, then she suddenly heard cries and a person's voice. It sounded unfamiliar yet so familiar to her ears.

"Risa *sniff sniff* I'm sorry," a high pitched child voice cried.

'What are you sorry for?' Aristia thought.

"I can't protect you *sniff sniff*"

'For what do you want to protect me?'

"If fate is on our side.... Let's meet again... [ censored ],"

'Who are you....?'

The Next Day

It was currently early in the morning — about 6:52AM. The sun had already set and birds were happily chirping, while sitting on the branches of the big trees. It was peaceful.

No who are you kidding. It's everything but peaceful today. The whole school is still in uproar after the sudden announcement of their ex-president of the Student Council.

Because of the sudden resignation of the red haired girl, Sohma Reiko became really busy and was now loaded with the responsibilities of the matters of the students from Inarizaki High School.

Currently, the Student Council room itself was in chaos. Many members were only part of the Student Council, because they looked up to Sohma Aristia and were fascinated by her way of leadership. But now that she left, only five people, including Sohma Reiko, remained.

The black haired girl was currently busy signing some papers on her desk. Reiko had never expected to be in this situation. The work was really tedious and boring. She became already pretty tired of it. Then suddenly, she heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come in," she answered.

The door shrieked open. Out of it came a familiar red, now almost white, haired girl.

"What do you want, Tia?" the black haired girl asked unbothered, still busy signing the documents.

"I know the truth,"

Hearing this made Reiko stop mid-writing. The girl's eyes widened. Reiko looked up and was met with a furious looking Aristia, who was trying to stay calm.

"About what?" Reiko asked back, not knowing which truth the girl already knew.

"Don't play dumb!" Aristia growled, being sick of all their lies.

"I know you've erased my memories!" she gradually raised her voice and approached the girl. "Tell me..."

"Why did you do that?" Aristia asked with a voice that cracked mid-sentence.

"....." No response.

Having enough of her silence, Aristia grabbed Reiko by the collar of her shirt and slammed her against the wall, making the photo frame that was placed on the desk fall on the floor.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?" Aristia screamed at the end, while tears were streaming from her eyes, making the black haired girl also tear up.

"I-,"

"Just tell her the truth," a familiar masculine voice came suddenly from the doorway.

Aristia turned around and was met with a familiar, tall, handsome-looking, brown haired guy.