༄ 28. The Semi-Finals

Shoes were squeaking on the floor and the players were heavily breathing. It was around 12am right now. The Inarizaki players are currently playing in the Semi-Finals against Miyagi's Shiratorizawa Academy.

At the beginning of this match, the Hyōgo players seemed like to take the first set. However, the Miyagi players weren't the easiest opponents to play against and slowly proved them wrong.

SMASH

'Tch,'

"Impossible..."

"Inarizaki's number 10 got blocked!?"

"Damn, that red haired boy is really something else,"

"Oh? It's the gloomy guy. Thank you for giving us a point," Tendou 'nicely' mocked.

Hearing the insult, Suna got a thick mark, but kept his cool.

"No problem, and thank you for using your guess block, Sleazebag," Suna 'sweetly' responded, in which the red haired boy became irritated, because he couldn't break Inarizaki's number 10 spirit.

(AN: Gesu means "Sleazebag" or "Low-life" in Japanese. Suna actually used a pun regarding to Tendou's nickname "Gesu monsutā" (Guess Monster) )

The first set was won by Shiratorizawa. Both teams were returning to their own side of the field. Surprisingly, the Inarizaki players weren't looking gloomy this time. No.... They rather looked more determined to beat their opponents.

"Guys, don't forget to stay hydrated," the demon manager reminded them.

"Yes, Tia-chan/Aristia-san," they all responded.

"Are you alright, Suna?" a worried blonde manager asked the said boy.

"Hm? Oh yes, don't worry. I'll make it the next time," the boy replied with a little smile.

"I know you will!" Ayaka brightly smiled at him.

The sight made the lanky guy slightly blush. He threw his towel at the girl, which took her to surprise.

"Hey, Suna! What was that for!?"

"No reason," he tried to brush it off and ran to the court.

"Geez, that guy. Why did he throw his towel at me? I only wanted to cheer him up," the blonde mumbled while walking to her destined seat next to the red haired fox girl.

"Maybe that's the reason," Aristia answered, while looking at her strategies.

"Wha-"

"Oh, look! The match is starting!"

And indeed the second match began. Because Shiratorizawa won the last set, they also serve first.

"Nice serve!"

"Hit 'em over, Reon!"

Shiratorizawa's second year, Ōhira Reon, nodded at his teammates and threw the ball in the air. When the ball reached the right height, he jumped in the air and hit the ball to the other side.

"Takigawa-san!"

"I got 'em!"

But what he didn't saw, was that the ball was a jump floater. His eyes widen and he quickly adjusted his arms. Takigawa received the ball, but it went slightly off.

"Akagi!"

Unfortunately, the libero wasn't fast enough, which led to Shiratorizawa earning a point. Cheers erupted from the Miyagi stands.

"Nice ball, Reon!"

"That was a great start, boys!"

"SHIRATORIZAWA" dun dun dunn dun dun dunn "SHIRATORIZAWA" dun dun dunn dun dun dunn