|| C H A P T E R 53 ||

His honey-brown eyes glowed under the sunlight. And they just stared at me. The water can slipped from my grasp and slashed all over me breaking me out of my trance. I looked down at the can then laughed wholeheartedly.

It wasn't him. It was a figure of my imagination. I was just lonely. However, I haven't thought of him in a while. Why now?

Still thinking it wasn't him I pick up the now empty water can and look back up expecting him to have disappeared. Whenever he didn't I began to panic again. What was I supposed to do? For a solid five minutes, we starred at each other. Neither one of us made a move or sound.

Beads of sweat began to drip down my forehead and I had to wipe them off. I set the water can upright on the ground and wiped my forehead also placing a hand on my hip. It was about that time my back began to ache.

His eyes traveled from my face down to my belly.

Oh right. This is awkward.

"Is it-is it mine?"

I nodded my head slowly.

His knees gave up from underneath him and he took a seat on the porch.

Not knowing what to do I continued on watering my plant babies. I mean what else was I supposed to do? It's six months too late for any kind of small talk.

I finished watering and looked back over at him. He was starring at me, or rather my stomach. Sure I'm big, but am I that big? I rubbed my belly and slowly started to walk towards him.

It was beginning to get hot under the 5 O'clock July sun. Being pregnant through the summer is brutal, but a fall/winter baby is a must. Walking past Tyler I walked inside. He followed after me.

"So like, um, silence?"

"What do you expect me to say, Grace?"

I shrug and go around the counter to dig in the fridge, "I don't know, Tyler, maybe something more than is it mine. A simple woah would have sufficed."

"A whoah? That's all you expected from me?"

I took the bowl of fruit out of the fridge and set it on the kitchen island, "I didn't expect to see you here anytime soon. I thought I would've been able to have it and disappear before you ever came looking for me if you ever did."

"It? If by it you are referring to the baby you could just say the baby, or rather yet the gender. Unless do you not plan on keeping the baby?"

"Of course, I plan on keeping my baby. As for the gender, I don't know what they are yet." I roll my eyes and plop some fruit in my mouth.

"Our baby."

"My baby, five minutes ago you didn't know they existed."

He slammed his hands on the island counter, "if you would have bothered-"

"If I would have bothered to what?! To try and contact you? To try and get ahold of you for months straight? Because I tried. I tried for three months! Don't even try and say I didn't try, because I did," tears threatened to pour down.

How dare he come in here and make me feel invalid for trying my best by myself for all these months? How dare he just waltz into my life?

"You tried?"

"Yes didn't I just now say that?"

He wiped his hands across his face, "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I promise to you that if I did I would've come back. These past few months have been chaotic traveling from country to country. I just came because I had to. My father's business here in town had a problem, so I came to check it out."