|| C H A P T E R 26 ||

I headed towards the check line, after shopping. Of course everyone was last day shopping so all the lines are a mile long. I sigh and get in the shortest one I see behind a guy.

He does look awful familiar. Where I have I seen him before? He slowly turns and I realize it's Aj, "Hey, it's you!"

He turns around and smiles, "it's you."

"What are you doing in town?"

"My ma lives here we're spending thanksgiving with her."

"We? Who is w-" I'm cut off by a little boy running into my leg.

I look down and smile, "well hello there

I look down and smile, "well hello there. Are you lost?"

He looks up at me with his big brown eyes, "I'm sorry."

"Oh it's okay."

"Jasiah, did you put it back?" I look over at Aj to see he's talking to.

The little boy walks over and grabs Aj's hand, "yes sir."

"Oh Brooke this is Jasiah, and in the basket is Ryleigh," I looked over his shoulder and sure enough there's a baby carrier. A beautiful baby girl looks back at me.

"She's so cute!" I walk in front of my basket to look at her even more, "Hey pretty baby!" She smiles at me and I smiled back

"She's so cute!" I walk in front of my basket to look at her even more, "Hey pretty baby!" She smiles at me and I smiled back. She grabs my pointing finger when I gently touch her hand.

Aj started unloading his cart on the belt that brought his products to the cashier. Ryleigh had all my attention. She laughed and hung on to my pointing finger. I coed at her until it was my turn to load my basket.

"Last minute thanksgiving shopping?" Aj asked. He had already been checked out and had all his bags in his cart.

"Yah, we've decided to throw a last minute friends giving. Oh hey you should totally stop by! I can give you my number so I can text you Grace's address, if you want," I smiled him.

"Oh sure," he handed me his phone and I put my number in it then handed it back.

"That'll be $153.81," the cashier grabbed my attention by say the price. I pulled out my credit car and swiped it.