|| C H A P T E R 45 ||

"Terra honey, it was great to have you come to church with us!" My mom gives Terra a big hug before going inside with my dad.

I say outside for a few moments, "so how was it?"

Terra laughs, "not as bad as I thought it would be."

I smile, "I'm glad." We stand in a comfortable silence for a moment before I break it, "want to come inside? I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind."

Terra nods her head, "sure I'd like that."

We walk up the path and inside. Mom and dad must've already went up to their room because the living room and kitchen is empty. Terra follows me to the kitchen.

Opening the fridge I grab the strawberries.

"You're no longer grounded?" Terra ask while I wash the strawberries.

"Uhh, no. I'm still pretty much grounded. Now I just have driving privileges. Good thing to, because taking the bus sucked."

Terra chuckles, "well I'm glad you have driving privileges."

She continues to watch me as I slice up a few strawberries and put them in separate Bowles. When I'm done I put the remaining strawberries in the fridge and grab the canned whipped cream. Topping both the Bowles with whipped cream I had one to her along with a forked.

"This is the sweetest thing we have." I say with a shrug.

"Sweetest thing. I would beg to differ."

I roll my eyes with a smirk. We make our way out of the kitchen and to the living room, where we both take a seat on the couch. Taking the tv remote I flip through Netflix before settling on The Bee Movie.

"Are you driving back for school tomorrow?"

She shook her head, "No, I'll just skip."

"Why don't you transfer here since you're always here?"

Terra shrugs, "I don't know. I've thought about it, but I could never leave my mom."

"Your moms all by herself?"

"No, she has a boyfriend, but I don't like or trust him."

"You're an only child?"

"No, all of my siblings are older. 2 older brothers and 3 older sisters."

I nod my head, "it's weird that I know you, but I don't really know you."

"That's how it plays out sometimes." She smiles at me. Her warm brown eyes are captivating. Her smiles brings butterflies to my stomach. Is this a crush?

"Where are you staying tonight?"

"I'll probably crash with Grace. Speaking of which I should probably ask her if she's home."

Grace. I like her. Liked? Feelings are complicated right now. I watched her pull out her phone and begin texting. Seconds later her phone went off it's a FaceTime call.

"Terra, I cant type right now, but what's up?"

She adjusted her phone, "nothing. Just wanted to know if I can crash with you tonight."

I guess they made up. Well that's good. Good for them, but probably disastrous for me. I don't want to ruin their friendship.

"I'm staying with Tyler, but yah. Before that though, there's a bonfire tonight. Come on out."

Terra glanced at me, "it's a school night though."

"Exactly, most of the seniors are skipping first and second period. Some of the juniors will also." I could see her raising her eye brows with a big grin on her face.