|| C H A P T E R 48 ||

"She's not taking visitors right now," Trace told us when we had finally gotten to the hospital.

"But is she okay?" I asked

Trace nods her head.

"Can you at least tell us what happened?" Tyler asks.

Again she shakes her head, "I'd rather not. It not my place to tell."

We both sigh and look at each other. What were we going to do now? Grace didn't want to see anybody, and she's pretty stubborn.

"Please," I pleaded with her, "try and convince her."

Trace held her cup of coffee up with both hands, "I'll try. I don't know how effective I'll be. But I will try." She walks off back into Graces room while we go back to the waiting room.

"My parents by now have figured out I'm not at school." My voice filled the silence as we took our seat.

"Do you want me to take you back?"

I shake my head, "and leave Grace?"

"It's not like she will let us see her anytime soon."

"Maybe she will change her mind."

Sure enough ten minutes later Trace comes to the waiting room, "she said she'll see Tyler."

"What about me?"

Trace shakes her head.

I silently curse as the two walk away leaving me alone in the waiting room. Why Tyler and not me? Did I affect her that much? Are we back to hating each other?

"Brooke!" Terra comes rushing into the waiting room, "I got a call. Is she okay?"

"As far as I know she'll live, but she's not seeing anyone right now."

Terra takes a seat next to me, "I got here as soon as I could."

I nod my head not wanting to talk to her. Not wanting everything to come crashing down just yet. I don't know if I could handle that right now; so we sat in silence.

It was sometime, before Tyler came back to the waiting room. More like just passed the waiting room though. His eyes were blood shot, maybe from crying, and he walked fast not making eye contact as he went past.

"Tyler," I called out as he passed. However he didn't pay any mind to me. Just walked away.

"Leave him," Trace spoke appearing from nowhere.

"Can I see Grace?" Terra asked her.

"I didn't know you were here yet. I will let her know, but she isn't taking many visitors."

"How long will she be here for?" I asked.

"She will be discharged tomorrow. They just want to keep her over night for observations."

"Observations? What exactly happened?" Terra asked.

"Like I told Brooklyn, it is not my place to tell you. I will let Grace know you're here."

"Wait, she still doesn't want to see me?" I asked.

Trace shook her head, "I'm sorry, but she doesn't."

Terra and I took a seat again while Trace left to tell Grace Terra is here.

Grace still not wanting to talk to me, it stuck with me. Why doesn't she want to talk to me? What going on? Why is she here?

I had so many questions, but no one seemed to be willing to answer them for me.

"You and Grace are back on bad terms?" Terra asked randomly.