|| C H A P T E R 55 ||

I sigh sitting in the airport parking lot. I debated on wether or not to go inside and look for my parents or wait until they adventure outside and find me. Opting for the latter I pull out my phone and look for Rene's messages.

I re-loaded the screen a few times before it finally pops up. Along with a message from my parents.

I opened Rene's first.

Rene bear 🐻 🌹

Pick up the parents yet?

No I'm about to

I immediately answered answer. Then open my parents message.

Birth giver.

We've landed.
Grabbing our luggage.
We're at the west terminal
B.
Where are you?
Was there a change in plan?
Your father and I are waiting.

Instead of answering back I shared my location with her hoping they'd figure it out. And they did.

When my mom opens the passenger door she gives me an ear full.

"We had to take a train to get all the way across the airport isn't that ridiculous?" She left father to grab the bags while she hopped in and continued complaining, "why you'd could bae have driven to us? I swear this generation is going in the toilet. You are all just failing miserably."

"Rachel enough!" Dad hood in the back seat, "hello sweetheart." He places his hand on my shoulder and I look back at him smiling.

"Robert?!" My mom shrieks, "what are you doing back there?!"

We both look at her with confused expressions. What was she talking about?

"Your driving!"

I groan. Not even bothering to fight with her I get out the car and go around the back. I want to sit behind her so she couldn't see me. Dad meets me behind the car and gives me a big hug.

"You know brookie, your welcome home whenever you want." He sighs into my hair.

"That's not what your wife will probably say. "

He holds me at arm length and looks at me, "she only wants what is best for you honey."

"Monitoring my entire life and holding me hostage in my own house isn't what was best for me dad." I don't say anything else but go around him and get into the car.

The car ride is sickens as I look out the window. My face heating up from behind belittled by my mother yet again. Trying to distract myself from the long drive ahead I pull out my phone.

It's sunset and we're driving away from the big city so it made for a good picture. Which I took and posted on my instagram story tagging my location.