|| C H A P T E R 22 ||

I couldn't breathe. From the moment she leaned close to to me to the next where I could feel her breathe on mine. It excited me. My heart beat in my chest. I'm sure she could hear it. We were probably just both ignoring the fact that we could.

I brought my hands up to touch the bare skin on her waist. Something possessed me to do so. She didn't move or react. I want a reaction out of her. Instead of her trying to get a reaction out of me I wanted it from her. I needed it from her.

But, can I be the bold one? Can I put myself out there as she has done several times before? The answer is yes.

I leaned in and gently placed my lips on hers. Once and for all I need to know. I needed to know if I really wanted this. I needed to know how it felt.

I don't know what her reaction was, because I let my eyes close. When she didn't move her lips along with mine I pulled back and looked to the side letting my arms drop.

Did I totally just miss read the situation?

Fuck, I just ruined our friendship didn't I?

I didn't bother looking up at her as my cheeks heated up. I'm surly as red as a tomato now.

What I didn't expect however was for her to grab my chin and smash her lips into mine. Maybe I hadn't misread the situation after all.

Grace straddled my waist her legs folded up next to my thighs. She propped herself up on her knees as needed. My hands tracked up her side having a mind of their own.

Am I actually doing this?

I know it's bad. Grace has a girlfriend, and me well ten minutes ago I was sure I'm straight. This however might prove I'm not. Or was this just an experiment?

The real bad thing though, I don't hate it.

Grace's lips traced down my neck. I left my head casually roll to the side. Before I knew it my back hit the soft plush bed. This seems oddly familiar. De ja vu.

"I can't," Grace pulled away getting to sit at the end of her bed with her back you against the wall.

I closed my eyes and brought my hands up to my face that was burning. Fuck, this is so embarrassing for me. I knew she has a girlfriend, but I still practically pushed myself on her. I internally groaned.

I should apologize shouldn't I?

I sat up and looked over at Grace. She has her knees pulled up to her chest and her hands tangled in her hair. Her eyes are closed.

"I should go," I quickly grabbed my stuff and left her house.

💔💔😽😽🤕🤕

The rest of the weekend sucked just as much as when it started. Monday morning I wake up with the flu. My skin is hot and clammy, my lips are dry and cracked, and my stomach churns.

I sit on my bathroom floor with my head hanging over the toilet. Last nights dinner or whatever was left just came back up. Things couldn't get any worse.

Five minutes before I was supposed to leave for school my mom cam up to my room, "oh honey," she bent down and placed a hand on my forehead, "your burning up," she sighed then helped me get back in bed, "I'll be back with some medicine."

She came back about a minute later with a glass of water and four pills. She sits in the edge of my bed and props me up with a pillow. After instructing me to take the pills, she gets up and leaves to take a call out in the hall.

My mussels ache in pain even more if I attempt to move. Instead I lye still, soon drifting off to sleep.

I don't know how much time has past since I've been asleep but the next time I wake up the sun I shining in my face. I groan. On my night side table are two more pills and a glass of water.

I take the pills and sip on the water. Looking around the room I wonder where my mom went and what time it is. Looking at my nightstand once again I answer the second question. It's twelve. Lunch time.

My stomach growls . I cross my arms over my stomach. I need some food, and maybe a shower, due too the fact that I'm still covered in a cold sweat. Throwing my blanket off me I pull my legs over the side of the bed and get up. The floor beneath my feet is cold. Seeing how it's carpet I'm mildly confused.

I walk out mate room and down the stairs towards the kitchen. Once in the kitchen I look at the bright green  sticky note on it.

Had to go to work. Grace will stop by around lunchtime to check on you. Dad will be there at 1 to take you to the doctor. I'll be home by 3. ~Mom

I groan. I haven't seen Grace since our encounter. She'll be here any minute though lunch let out ten minuets ago. I shiver and go back up stairs. I'm at the top of the stairs when a car pulls into the drive way.

That must be Grace. Why is she in a car though? I rush to my room and throw myself under the covers. If I don't have to talk to her all the better.

A minute later I hear my bedroom door squeak open. I press my body into my mattress and close my eyes tight.

Shuffling around is heard until is dead quiet. I want so badly to open my eyes and see what she's doing but I don't. I lay quiet and relax from my tense position.

The end of my bed sinks in. She sat down. Why did she sit down. I hear her release a sigh.

If even possible my skin gets more clammy and hot. The sheets start to stick to my skin again. Isn't of being cold however I'm cold to the touch. I shiver pulling the blanket closer to my body of even possible.

The weight is released from my bed. I curiously peak up to see her back to me as she's walking out the door. Is she leaving?

I sit up and pull my blankets around me. The peacefulness didn't last for long as I rushed to the bathroom to empty my stomach yet again. Instead of throwing up half digested food I throw up stomach acid since I don't have anything in me.

Someone comes up behind me sits on the tub and holds back my hair.

When I'm done I go to lean up against the tub and brush up against her leg. She scoots over to let me lean against the cool tub. Grace runs her hands though my hair that's still pulled to the side.

"You smell."

I groan as she laughs at me letting go of my hair, "Why are you here?"

"Your mom gave my mom a phone fall this morning ask if I could stop by at lunch to check on you."

"You didn't have to," I look up at her.

"I wanted to though. You should really shower though," Grace gets up and pulls the shower curtain to one side and starts to run the water, "I'll be downstairs when your done."

She walks out the door leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Sorry for the month long wait!
I try to update as soon as possible , but I literally just got done with chapter. I've been so busy.

Halloween is right around the corner though. What are you going to be for Halloween?

Feed back?

What's going on with Grace and Brooke?

Where's Terra?