|| C H A P T E R 14 ||

Grace's room ☝🏽

Monday started out as a good day. I woke up feeling refreshed. My parents were in a good mood whistling while making breakfast. Everything was going great, for a Monday I mean.

Even as I go to school everything seemed better than usual. A few girls came up to me actually talking to me, they even invited me to sit with them at lunch. The news about fin and I luckily being in the past.

All good things are sadly followed by bad things however. I thought my day was still looking up when Grace stopped me at lunch. Thats when everything went downhill. Lunch.

My period turned out to be a few days early! I bled through my favorite pair of white jeans! The day only got worse. Cramps hit me bad after lunch. I couldn't go home either! My parents had taken my car keys, and I don't have a phone to call them. They wouldn't pick me up either way, but still.

I went throughout the last of my classes however. At the end of the day took the bus home as I had been doing since I didn't have car privileges anymore. Going home I thought my day was over. My parents don't get off work until 5, so a little peace and quiet right?

Wrong! I walked through the threshold of the house, "Brooklyn! How was your day sweetie?"

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, "Hey mom. What are you doing home so early?"

"I got a call from Fins mom today," my face expression turned sour. If he tells my mom where I was the other night this is the end of me!

"Oh she did?" I dropped my bag on the couch.

"Yes, did you two have a falling out? She said you hasn't been over in a while, and Fins been acting strange," this was going to reach my parents sooner or later.

"We actually broke up," I flopped down on the couch.

"What? Why? I though you and Fin were happy?" She took a seat next to me.

"Were happy mom. Things had been going down hill for a while," she pulled me into a hug.

"Aw sweetie I'm sorry!" I leaned against her as she patted my head.

"It was going to happen eventually. We weren't meant to be," I sighed.

"Well to answer your question earlier. I'm home early because we're hosting dinner with the Everheart's."

I picked up my head and looked at her,"we're what?"

"You heard me. Mrs.Everheart our neighbor is a nurse and I was wondering if she'd be willing to volunteer at our church for the vaccine drive."

I groaned at my mothers words, "Why couldn't you ask anybody else?"

"Well we need a total of ten nurses, and one dropped out short notice, so I though who better than our neighbor! We can get to know them better," she stood up, "any who, they'll be over at five. Please be ready. Your father will be here in an hour also," she strides off to the kitchen.

Please someone just kill me now!

🤕🤕🤒🤒🤧🤧

I finished getting dressed just as the door bell rang downstairs

I finished getting dressed just as the door bell rang downstairs. I groaned and walked to my bathroom getting a few aspirins. I popped four out the bottle and ran the sink water. After putting them in my mouth I cupped my hands and filled them with water to wash down the pills.

"Brooklyn our guest are here don't be rude!" Dad probably yelled up from the bottom of the stairs.

I knew better than to yell back so instead I made my way down. Below I saw my mom smiling at Graces aunt? Or whoever she is. Mrs. Everheart holds a fancy glass cake dome.

"Here's She is!" My mom ushered towards me, "well now that everyone is here follow me," She lead them to our dinning room. I followed behind the Everheart family. Right behind Grace who held her little sisters hand.

Everyone took a seat at our dining room table. The table fit exactly six people. My mom and dad sit at the head of the table on either sides. Next to my mom on her right sat Mrs. Everheart and Cali. Grace and I sat to her left.

The table is already laid out with the food all steaming hot. Before we started to chow down mom took the cake Mr. Everheart Baked and put it away in the kitchen. When she came back we all joined hands and put our head down in prayer.

I couldn't have been more embarrassed as I was asked to lead the prayer, "um thank you for the food we eat, graciously prepared by my mom, thank you lord for the world so sweet, and most importantly thank you for the friends and family that gather around this table with us tonight. I ask that you bless all of us and help us to follow in your steps, Amen," everyone chimed in and the dishes  started being passed around.

Tonight my mom decided to make meatloaf with corn, mash potato's & gravy, rolls. Not my favorite but it'll do. As all the dishes were passed from Grace to me I took a small serving. The conversation between my parents and Mrs. Everheart started as soon as prayer ended.

I ignored the small talk and looked over to Cali who picked at her food. I smiled at her. Cali has to be my favorite out of the family.
No shade or anything.

"So why did you decide to move to Amenia?" My dad asked. It peaked my interest so I continued to listen to the conversation.

"I got a great job offer and I guess you could say we needed a change of scenery," Mrs. Everheart picked up her whine glass and took a sip.

"Where'd did you live before?" My mom asked.

"In a small town going towards Westview called Wellspring."

"Ahh Rachel's mom lives there. It's quite a small town," my dad mentions where moms mom lives.

🍷🍷🤤🤤❤️❤️

"Thanks for the dessert it was wonderful!" Everyone walks to the door. The dinner is finally over. Grace didn't speak a word to me through the whole thing though.

"Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed it. About next Sunday I'd be glad to help out," Mr. Everheart smiles at my mom.

"Thank you so much!" I rolled my eyes. This was one of the longest dinners ever and I'm ready to go to bed.

"No problem. Well we better get going. Thanks again for having me over!" She picked up Cali.

"Anytime," my dad got the last word as we watched them walk across the street to their house.

"What a wonderful family."

How was this chapter ?

Who's POV do you want next ?

What do you want to see more of ?