|| C H A P T E R 29 ||

My phone rang from on the floor. I groaned reached my hand out of the covers to see if I could find it. Finding it at last I put it up to me ear, "Hello?"

"We're down stairs if you'd like to join us for breakfast."

"Oh okay," I yawned whipping my face, "I'll be down in a few."

"Okay, honey," the line went dead.

I sat up looking around. Brooke laid next to me looking all cozy wrapped up in the blankets. Looking down at my phone I see it's barley ten. I don't even remember what time we got in, but I do know that I must've drunken a lot because my head is pounding.

Upon getting up I go to the bathroom and stair at my reflection in the mirror. My shoulder length hair is messy and my face is bare. The person back at me seems different. Her skin glows, maybe it's happiness or maybe it a change in scenery.

I splashed some water on my face and patted it down with a fluffy white towel. My plaid pajama bottoms and crop top seemed feasible to go down for a quick breakfast with my mom. I find them downstairs sitting in one of the booths.

"Hey guys," I take a seat next to Cali.

"Sissy!" Cali throws her arms around me.

"Hey little monster," I squeeze her back.

She lets me go, "are you coming with us to the parade?"

I nod my head, "I wouldn't miss it for the world. It's our tradition," I look at her plate and take her fork cutting some a piece of her chocolate chip pancakes and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Glad to see you Grace," I look up at mom.

I finally take note to the person sitting next to her, "hey," I drop the fork and look down.

"Oh where are my manners. Grace meet Jerry. He's the General manager of this place, and dear friend of mine."

I look up, "um nice to meet you Jerry."

He smiles, "nice to meet you to Grace I've heard so much about you. It's nice to finally meet you."

I smile up at him, or attempt to.

The whole breakfast thing goes on. I awkwardly sit next to Cali who is going on and on about what they've been doing. However I can't help to feel like the elephant in the room with Jerry sitting at the table.

"I'm going to go back upstairs. Get ready," conversation holts and everyone's eyes fall on me.

"Oh. Okay honey. I'll call you when we're leaving."

I nod my head, "okay," I start to get up.

"Can I go with you?" Cali grabs the end of my shirt.

I looked to mom, "she can come with me if it's okay with you."

"Yah go ahead," she sipped her orange juice.

I scooped Cali up and walked towards the elevator, "so what's the deal with those two?"

Cali shrugged, "I think they like each other."

I raised my eyebrows, "oh really?"

She nodded her head. The elevator dinged and we got inside I pushed the floor number and we went up. Once inside the room I remembered about Brooke.

"Who's in the shower?" Cali asked as she hopped on the bed.

"A person. Probably. Or maybe a ghost," I shrugged with a smirk.

"Ghost don't exist!"

"Or do they?" I shrugged and grabbed my suit case.

"They don't," she huffed under her breathe.