|| C H A P T E R 51 ||

After the appointment, I sat in my car staring at the ultrasound pictures. I knew who I wanted to call first, but there was no guarantee he'd answer. Still, I took the chance.

I dialed out his number and it rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And rang.

On the fifth ring I understood I was going to go to voicemail, however, I didn't hang up.

"Hey, um, I have some news," my voice cracked, "can you call me whenever of get this? Please, I know I'm the last person you'd want to be hearing from right now, but it's urgent."

After hanging up I started the car. Now that I have not only myself to think of I'm going ahead with my plan. I will sell everything but the essentials.

I did just that. It took all afternoon going around to different consignments, posting on Facebook groups, and eBay, but I eventually got everything posted a few things sold.

Now that everything was out there and I pocketed a thousand for a 1/5 of the stuff I sold, I found myself back at Tyler's house. In front of his door, knocking.

"Hello, back again?"

I nod my head, "I honestly have nowhere else to go."

"I don't mind actually. Don't be shy come in," Adeline moved to the side and let her in.

"Thank you. I- um- actually tried to get ahold of Tyler this morning." she follows Adeline to the kitchen.

"Tyler and his father aren't going to be able to be reached for a few days. My husband has a great new idea to get into the coffee bean industry and is trying to buy half of the shares to one of the largest coffee distributors, so they're currently on their to Ethiopia. Actually, I was just about to start packing."

I realized that I didn't actually know how Tyler and his family made their wealth, but right now I'm more concerned with Adeline leaving she's leaving the last link she has to Tyler.

"You're leaving?" I watched her move around the kitchen preparing tea.

"Yes, I'm going to Italy and finishing the business that they have there. Silly boys, always having me finishing their dirty work." She laughed under her breath.

"Oh."

Adeline looked up at me. She reminded her so much of herself, "I remember you mentioning something about your aunt moving. Have you found a place to stay whenever she relocates?"

Grace shakes her head, "I haven't worked out all of the logistics yet. I'll figure something out though."

"You know this house is going to be empty for some time. I'll be in Italy finishing business for a few weeks then I'll head down to South Africa with the boys. Would you like stay here in the meantime?"

Grace frantically shakes her head, "No I couldn't possibly. I have enough money for a downpayment on an apartment, and first month's rent."

"I insist. Look I need a house nanny. Usually, Tyler's here to watch over everything, but now that he's learning the family trade he kind of can't. I'd rather not leave my house with a total stranger."

She smiles, "I get what you're trying to do. I couldn't possibly accept your offer."

"Listen, honey, don't be stubborn. It's actually quite logical. I will even pay you. It'd be cheaper than getting anyone else." Adeline grabbed two cups and began to pour us tea.

"If I was to live here I couldn't possibly take your money. You'd already be doing me a big favor."

Smiling she scoots the cup of tea over, "we'll work something out."

"Oh, the reason I came over here. I have some news."

Adeline cradles her cup of tea in her hand and took a seat on the island next to Grace, "Oh really what is it?"

Grace held a huge smile on her face and pulled out the sonogram carefully she set it down and slid it next to her so Adeline could see.

"What's this?" picking it up she held it close. Then covered her mouth with her left hand and looked back up at Grace, "it isn't?"

"The hospital made a mistake. I was carrying twins and only miscarried one. They explained the whole thing to me, but I was in too much shock to fully grasp what he was telling me."

"The hospital made a mistake?"

Grace nodded her head, "yes. I'm having a baby."

"Oh honey!" she stood up with tears in her eyes and gave Grace the biggest hug of her life, "You can definitely stay here, you're carrying my grandchild!"

"Thank you," Grace had tears in her eyes now also. The hospitality this woman is giving her.

Adeline pulled away, "oh my gosh Tyler doesn't know!"

Grace shook her head.

"I will try my best to get ahold of him. I will leave you to tell him the news."

"Thank you so much!"

"Of course sweetheart. That's what family does. Now you can take whatever room you choose. by all means, take Tyler's room," she laughs, "that good for nothing son of mine." shaking her head she walks out of the kitchen and Grace follows behind her.

"Thank you so much. I honestly don't know what I would've done without you."

She stops in her tracks, "of course honey."

💤💤💤

Adeline left the next day leaving Grace to get all settled in. With no instruction on what to do next, Grace walked around the big empty house. What was she to do here?

Cook? For who? Clean? There was no mess. Her only hobby was partying and knowing how to throw the perfect party. She was putting all of that behind her though.

Standing in front of the glass black door she looked out. Their backyard was huge and well managed. It gave her an idea. She could pick up gardening as her side hobby. Being outside would be good for her and the baby.

Smiling she opened the back door and slipped outside. Adeline hadn't said anything about a gardener. Maybe she had been keeping up with the yard herself, meaning there would be no one to look after it while she was gone.

I'm sure I could figure it out, she thought, a few youtube videos, and I'll be an expert right?

Having no idea what she was in store for she took on the hobby.

IT'S BEEN MONTHS AHHH I have decided that I need to finish this book. SO it will be getting all my attention for a while. If you are still here I applaud you. This chapter is rushed and short, but I promise the next will be long and not so rushed.