|| C H A P T E R 1 ||

Hayden Panettiere as Brooke farewell
Jordan Conner as Fin

Monday morning came at last. Walking inside the high school I went to my locker to drop off my books. Coincidentally Fins locker is right next to mine, so when he came in ten minutes later I was greeted with a nice surprise.

"Just what you like babe, fat free iced caramel macchiato no whip cream just how you like it!" He handed it to me with a kiss.

"Aww thank you babe what's the occasion?"

He held his hands up in surrender, "Can't I just be a loving boyfriend and buy my girlfriend a drink from Starbucks?"

"Of course you can!" I smiled.

"Ok I thought I was going to have to take it back," he chuckled.

"Brooke, no practice after school I thought we'd take a break," Bethany passed by. I turned my back to her and looked at Fin who was still looking behind me.

"Do you have plans for today after school?" I asked.

"I do babe I'm sorry. Seeing as I graduate this year a few football scouts emailed me and I have to answer them back."

"It's fine babe, I'll probably get a load of homework today anyway."

He nods, "Let's get to class before you're late and your father kills me for it."

I chuckled, "He's just over protective."

Fin threw his arm over my shoulder and led me to class. We had different homerooms seeing as I'm a junior and he's a senior. I sometimes wish I had enough credits to graduate early. I could by all means get them in .2 seconds, but my parents wouldn't be down for that.

"Ok babe I'll see you later?" I nod and he pecks my lips. Walking into the class I take a seat front and center. Digging through my bag I pull out my phone and begin checking my schedule for the week.

"Brooke, the principal wishes to see you," Mrs. Young pulls me out of my thought process and points to the door where the portly Mr. Sea waits.

I gather my stuff and go to the hallway, "Yes Mr. Sea?"

"Ahh miss Brooke! I would like to ask a favor from you!"

"Anything!" I said.

"This young lady here needs a tour around school. I would have a senior do it but they have prep today and you're the next eligible person. I have already contacted your parents and asked them if they would mind. Of course they said it would be alright if you missed your morning classes to show Grace around."

"Of course."

Mr. Sea nods, "She has her schedule, locker number and combination with her. I'll leave you two now," he walks down the hall and I watch his retreating figure. Turning back I greet the girl.

"Hi I'm Brooke!" I said putting my hand out. She looks down at it and instead of shaking it she hands me her papers, "ok then straight to business."

Out of the corner of my eye I swore I saw her roll her eyes, "so you're a senior. I'll show you to your locker first then to your classes."

Grace doesn't say a word. I motion for the girl to follow me and I find her locker number 212. My favorite triple digit number.

"Here's your locker you can go ahead and put in your combo. Do you have it with you?"

"Yes," she spoke for the first time. Her voice was so melodic it drew me in. She opened the locker and dropped her bag inside.

"Ok, I'll show you to your homeroom. The bell hasn't rung yet so you can meet the teacher and class," we walked down the hall and up a flight of stairs to get to her classroom. I knock on the door and walk in.

"Mrs. Aleck, you have a new student," all eyes were on me as I moved aside and let Grace walk in.

"How lovely! Class, class! Meet," she stopped not knowing the girl's name.

"Grace. Grace Everheart," Grace spoke telling the class her last name. She stood confidently in front of the whole class kind of smirking. I looked over the class and met the hazel eyes I loved so much.

The bell rings and Mrs. Aleck wraps up the class asking Grace to stay for a moment. Fin pulls me out into the hallway, "baby what are you doing in the senior wing?"

"I'm a tour guide today since the seniors are doing prep," I told him.

"No morning classes for you must be nice," He pecked me on the lips, "ok I'll see you for lunch if I'm late I'm going to get chewed for being late for prep," I nod my head and Fin runs along.

Grace walks out of the classroom, "that must have been your boyfriend?" I looked at her and nodded.

"I can stamp you straight now," my eyebrow cocked up.

"What?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Can you take me to my next class?" I nod forgetting about what she said.

🌝🌝🙈🙈🤨🤨

"That's all your classes. The bell for lunch should ring in about five minutes."

She nods, "I have a pass to leave campus."

I smiled, "So would you like to have lunch with me and my friends?"

"Let's be honest after today you're not going to bat an eyelash in my direction, so don't try to bother yourself with being nice to me," she said as she turned and walked away leaving me dumbfounded. I stood in the middle of the hallway even after I couldn't see her retreating figure anymore.

The bell rang and I went to my locker, "babe wanna leave for lunch? I'm feeling chick-fil-a."

He shook his head, "I'm sorry babe I have to talk to a teacher for the first half of lunch then with the coach about college choices," I nod my head, "rain check?"

"Yes, of course," he kissed my forehead then walked away leaving me to go out to lunch with the cheer girls.

Fin in picture up above !