|| C H A P T E R 30 ||

Grace and I. I don't know what to think. How to feel. I'm confused by the whole situation. I think I like her. Like, like like her. I'm not so straight after all.

My thoughts bombard me as I sit on the plane sitting next to her. We had a wonderful few days. Watching the thanksgiving parade, seeing the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building. I would say my first trip to New York was a success.

My parents however are already flipping out. They're meeting us at the airport, so I am in no rush whatsoever to land. I'm going to be grounded for life, and they're never going to let me see Grace ever again.

I groan.

"What are you thinking about?" Grace leans her head towards me.

"My parents grounding me for life," I put my head in my hands and lean back.

"Hey, at least now you can say you've been to New York."

I playfully slap her shoulder, "Grace this isn't funny. They're growing to ground me for life! To top it off they're not going to let me see you anymore!"

"That's the sad part?" She questioned with a smile on her face, "not being able to see me anymore?"

I pouted out my bottom lip, "if I can't see you I can't see Cali."

She smirked seeing through my lie, "mhm okay. I see how it is," she turns the other way.

"I'm playing," I grab her face forming her to turn towards me, "of course I'm worried about not seeing you anymore."

Our foreheads press up against each other's.

"I can always easily sneak you out, or you can sneak me in."

"True," I sigh.

"Ladies and gentlemen we will be landing soon. Please fasten your seatbelts," the Pilot says over the intercom.

I groan. Here we go.

✈️✈️☹️☹️✂️✂️

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" My mother continues to yell at me as we get out the car.

They had made a whole scene at the airport embarrassing the heck out of me and now they continue to yell at me now. I grab my stuff out of the trunk. I feel like I'm doing the walk of shame.

"I want your phone, your car keys, your laptop, EVERYTHING!" My mother proceeds to go on as we walk inside the house.

I don't even try to argue. Simply pull my phone out of my pocket and hand it to her. I know the routine by now.

"Brooklyn I don't think that you understand how much trust we lost in you," my father begins his speech as we walk into the dining room. I take a seat as he goes on, "going halfway across the country without our knowledge. What were you think? Why didn't you just ask?"

I look up at him, "if I had asked you would've said no."

"You don't know, because you didn't ask. There will be consequences to your actions. More grave then the last time you disobeyed us," my mother appeared behind him, "We're taking your bedroom door, so you can't sneak off, and bolting your windows shut so no one can sneak in. There will be a security system with cameras set up all over the house. Nothing will happen without us knowing about it."

"Wait my door?" I raised my voice, "don't you think your over reacting just a little bit? A security system? Cameras? Dad come on!"

"This is what happens when you disobey us! Furthermore you will not be seeing that girl anymore! This all happened when she started coming around. She is bad influence," my mother butted in.