|| C H A P T E R 3 ||

"Brooke catch!" Vanessa yelled at me. I caught the bottle of water mid-air before it could hit anyone behind me.

"Nice catch girly," Vanessa said as I walked to her and handed her the bottle.

"Thanks, by any chance have you seen Fin?" I asked her.

"No, you might ask Mason he's inside grabbing some ice to put in the cooler.

"Ok thank you!" I walk back towards the house.

A team barbecue and I couldn't find half of the team. I sighed and walked inside to see Mason tugging the bag of ice out of the fridge.

"Hey Mason, need any help?" He looks at me.

"Nah I got it."

"Oh ok," he pulls the bag out of the fridge fully and lifts it up on his shoulder.

"Can I help you with something?" He asked.

"Actually yes, Fin rode with you here didn't he?"

"Um, yeah why do you ask?" He started to walk outside and I followed him.

"I can't seem to find him," he emptied the bag of ice in the cooler.

"Oh um, I'm sure he's around here somewhere I'll tell him you looking for him if I see him."

I sighed, "Ok."

Mason disappeared off somewhere as everyone started to show. Soon Brooke's backyard was full of people, some of who weren't even on the team.

"Brooke! Brokke!" Someone called my name I turned around to see a girl running my way, "hi," she waved, "I'm Mandy!" I smiled back at her.

"Hi Mandy," I said with a wave.

"Your going to be the cheer captain next year right?" I nodded my head, "I hope I'll make the team next year! I've tried out for the past two years, next year I'll be a senior. I've been practicing and can do a bit of tumbling!" The over-enthusiastic girl couldn't keep a smile off her face and I envied her for it.

"I'll put in a good word with the captain for you," I winked and she laughed.

"I hope to see you around," with the final words she ran off to join a group.

"Have you seen Bethany?" Vanessa asked me.

"No, sorry Nessa."

She shook her head, "It's her party she should be down here throwing it."

I laughed, "Can I do anything to help?"

She looked at me and smiled, "Matter of fact you can! There's a six-pack of cokes in the fridge can you grab them for me?" I nod my head, "thanks!"

I make my way inside, as I open the door the autumn wind blows in some dead leaves. Not wanting to leave them inside I found the broom closet and swept them up. Putting everything back where I found it I make my way to the fridge.

"Baby," I turned around and came face to face with Fin.

"Hey, I've been looking for you!" I smiled as he came over and placed a kiss on my lips. He tasted like peppermint. Weird he hated peppermint.

"Mason told me, can I help you?" He motioned to the six-pack of cokes I was about to pull out of the fridge.

"Yes, please."

"Anything for you princess."

I smiled at his name for me.

"Brooke! Vanessa told me that you've been a big help, thank you for that!" Bethany joined Fin and I in the kitchen.