|| C H A P T E R 37 ||

"It's not to late to escape," Tyler whispers In my ear.

I stare at the girls who sat in front of us. Janessa munches on her fries, Terra sipps her drink looking around awkwardly, and Brooke sat there looking down. Even I didn't know what to do.

"So Grace you still haven't introduced us to your-" Janessa pauses, "friend."

Tyler stiffens next to me. He doesn't like them. I wonder if he's going to say something or if I have to get myself out of this situation. He stays quiet, guess I'm going to have to get myself out of this situation.

"A friend from school," I answer leaning forward and grabbing my drink.

"Just a friend," Janessa raises her eyebrows, while dipping her French fry in ketchup.

"Nessa drop it," Terra talks for the first time my eyes snap towards her.

Bite your tongue Grace. I chant over and over again in my head. Don't say anything. Just stay quiet. Don't start anything it's fine. I first clench my teeth then my fists.

Tyler places a hand over my clenched fist, "I think we should get going."

"Why? We just got here stay," Lacie turns around in their booth.

"Let them go," Terra steps in.

Tyler stands up and offers me his hand, "let's go Grace."

I gladly take it. This whole time Brooke sits there saying nothing. Just watched as the scene unfolds before her. I didn't even get a 'hi'? That irks me.

"Before I leave, Brooke can I talk to you outside?" Wait did that just come out my mouth? I didn't just say that. Please tell me I didn't.

"She doesn't have to go anywhere with you. She's not yours," Terra speaks for her. Brooke looks at Terra not knowing what to say her mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"Last I checked Brooklyn is her own person, and she can make choices for herself. Now if you'd kindly move so she can get out of the booth," I looked Terra straight in the eye.

What happened to my bestfriend?

"Grace let's just go," Tyler yanked on my wrist.

"Brooklyn?" I looked at her.

"Sort yourself out first then we'll talk," she doesn't even bother to look me in the eye.

"What?" I asked her.

"You heard me."

"You know what. Fuck you-" I didn't get say anything else before Tyler threw me over his shoulder and hauled me out before I could throw any hands.

"What the fuck was that?!" Tyler put me down. He is furious.

"You should have just let me give them a piece of my mind!" I throw my hands up in the air.

"You need to cool off. Fuck, we both need to cool off," Tyler sigs and pulls out a cigarette and lights it.

I slap his should, "give me."

"You could say please," he speaks with the cigarette still in his mouth.

I yank his out of his mouth and take a hit. Even though I fucking hate cigarettes I needed it to cool down.

"Let's go," he sighs and walks over to his bike.

I let him finish the rest of the cigarette then hop on and we ride off back to his house. We're both still kind of heated when we get to his house. We don't say a word to each other as we walk inside.