|| C H A P T E R 2 ||

Hayden Panettiere as Brooke farewell
Jordan Conner as Fin
Diane Guerrero as Grace Everheart

"Pass the greens please momma," My mom looked up from cutting her steak and handed me the salad. I loaded my plate full and added a bit of dressing.

"Are you going to have some steak also honey?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am, not right now though," I smiled at my mother.

"Olivia leave her alone, you know teenagers these days."

"What do you mean daddy?"

"Organic hippies, you know honey."

I smiled,"Daddy I'm not a hippy."

He looked at me, "Of course not honey, I'm just saying."

Before I could reply the doorbell rang, "I got it," getting up from the table I sat my napkin down to answer the door.

Opening the door I come face to face with her, "hello my mother is making me socialize with the neighbors, I brought cookies," she looks up, "but I bet you don't want the cookies."

I shook my head, "yes I would, my mom would kill me if I refused to take a genuine gift."

"Honey who is it?"

"Speaking of."

My mother comes behind me.

"Oh hello!" Grace puts on a dashing smile.

"Hi, my mom baked cookies and thought what better way than to send me to socialize with the neighbors!"

"What a sweetheart! Would you like to come in?" She took the cookies

"Oh no, I should get back now. It was nice to meet you though."

"You to sweetheart."

Grace made her way back to the house that lays directly in front of mine. I watched her walk inside her house.

"What a sweet girl," mom walked back inside with the basket of cookies.

I followed after her, "may I be excused?" I asked.

"Of course honey," I walked upstairs and to my room.

I hadn't seen Grace since Monday when she walked off on me. Now it's Wednesday and she pops in on our family dinner. Strange girl she is.

🚗🚗❤️❤️😚😚

The next morning was like any other besides for the fact that Fin picked me up in his truck. A surprise to me because he hated to take his baby out of the garage in fear of anything happening to it. Fin owned a shiny red wrangler that he loves dearly.

So when he showed up ten minutes before I was about to leave to say I was surprised is an understatement.

"Babe are you sure there's no occasion I forgot about?" I asked for the millionth time. He chuckled.

"No occasion I just wanted to pick you up for a change."

I looked at him curiously, "Ok."

Fin parked and we made our way inside school. Going to our lockers we both put our bags up, "oh babe I got chocolate chip cookies. Homemade, you want one?"

"Don't mind if I do," He smiled as I handed him one of the cookies Grace gave me.

"Hey Bethany, you guys want cookies?" I asked as they passed our lockers as usual.

"And cheat on our diets. With pleasure!" She smirked and took a cookie along with a few other girls leaving me with three cookies left. I smiled and took one for myself.