|| C H A P T E R 38 ||

The questions going through my head right now; why is Brooklyn mad at me? Why does my father want to take Cali away from her normal, and why now all of a sudden? Am I actually mad at Terra for making a move when I was too scared not to?

I shook my head and look up at the ceiling. All these questions, and emotions ran around my head. Sure I could probably answer some of them, but I choose not to. The Thing is I didn't know if I actually wanted the answers.

"Hey," a head popped into my room.

I looked over at the door, "what are you doing here?"

"Well I haven't heard from you since I dropped you off at dinner yesterday, so I came to check on you. Your mom said you haven't came out your room since you got home yesterday." He came and sat down at my feet, "want to talk about it?"

I shake my head, "not really."

"Well," he trailed off, "your house smells really good."

"Trace is starting to prepare Christmas dinner for tomorrow."

"Oh, tomorrow is Christmas isn't it?"

I nod my head as Tyler slumps against the wall. We sat in a comfortable silence for a moment.

"Where are your parents?" I asked breaking the silence.

Tyler shrugs, "I think they went on a cruise. Who knows, it's not like they tell me."

Sitting up I move and put my head on Tyler's lap, "hey at least your parents aren't MIA junkies."

"But they are MIA."

"True. If they weren't though, you wouldn't be able to spend Christmas with me, and Cali. It could be our last Christmas all together." Tears well at my eyes.

Tyler tangles his fingers in my hair, "what do you mean?"

"My father wants to get full custody of her. He wants her to go live with him."

"Wait for real? I though he was an alcoholic?"

I shake my head, "not anymore. Apparently he got his act together and is an attorney, or something like that."

Tyler whistles, "damn an attorney? How'd he turn his life around like that?"

"I don't even know. Last time I saw him, was when Cali was born."

"What about your mother?"

I blink a few times, "who knows. My father remarried last year, I think it was last year."

"Fuck, he got a whole family, and what? Just dumped y'all aside?"

I nod my head, "basically. Shits fucked up, but it's okay. I got over it a long time ago." I let my eyes fall shut so the tears won't fall out.

"Shit hurts though. I know you wanna cry."

"It's not worth tears." I sigh and open my eyes. Tyler looks down at me while I look up at him, "Your joining us for Christmas tomorrow don't think your not."

He chuckles, "wouldn't have it any other way."

I sit up, "talking about Christmas I still have a few more gifts to buy."

"Of course you do. Luckily it's only lunch, and you have a few hours before the stores close."

"Lucky me," I stand up and go to my closet. I put on some black biker shorts under my big shirt and slipped on some slides. "Lets go looser."

"Oh I'm going with you? I though I'd sit here and catch up on my shows."

Roll my eyes and walk over to grab my phone, "we can take the car since we're going to have a few bags with us."