|| C H A P T E R 43 ||

Two weeks later

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh. I know I should probably care about how I present myself, but I've been stuck in this house for far to long to care. For the first day back to school I wear my hair up in a ponytail, with a salmon headband, a velvet but fuzzy sweater, grey sweats that are folded at the top, and white vans.

I look bummy. My aesthetic is preppy, so this doesn't fit me at all, but for now I don't care. Grabbing my phone I throw it in my backpack and go down stairs to grab a quick breakfast then catch the bus before I miss it.

"Hey sweetheart," mom greets me when I walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning mamma," I walk over and kiss her on the cheek. Then proceeded to open the fridge.

"So sweetheart. Your father and I agreed that you can have your car keys back."

I grabbed and apple and quickly turned around shutting the fridge door, "wait what? For real?"

She nods her head, "we have no reason not to trust you. That doesn't mean that you're getting your phone back though."

I kiss her on the cheek, "but I don't have to take the bus anymore that is the best Christmas present you could give me!"

My dad sits at the table reading the newspaper. I go over and kiss him on the cheek before taking my keys off the key hook.

"Leaving already?" Mom asks me.

I nod my head, "yup. I'll be back straight after school."

"Okay honey!" Is all I hear before the front door shuts.

I dance around in the driveway for a second before unlocking my car. I didn't get in yet though, simply unlocked the doors, threw in my backpack, and continued to dance next to it. Continuously I chanted 'I got my car back'. This semester couldn't be that bad after all.

Hopping in I started the engine, hearing my baby purr to life made my smile widen even more. Looking in the rear view mirror I prepared to back up, that is before I saw her.

My neighbor. She looked flawless as always. Her hair had grown some since she last cut it. She smiled brightly up at the guy who stood next to her. Her smile could give anyone a run for their money.

Groaning I shook my head, and reversed out the driveway. Off to school for me.

📚📚✏️✏️🤓🤓

The bell rang signaling lunch at last. Slowly I began packing up my stuff; Not to eager to go to lunch. Especially since I don't have a clue as to who I'm sitting with.

I'll probably get food and eat in my car. If I eat quickly I can go to the library for some light reading. Possibly even get a new book.

Nodding my head I get up. I'm the last to leave the classroom. I start heading towards the cafeteria.

When did I become a loner? Was I always a loner? I probably just didn't realize it with all my 'friends' around when I dated Finn. Well. Serves me right. How did I not notice my boyfriend was a cheater?

In the midst of getting lost in my head, I didn't notice the boy riding his skateboard down the hall holding four milkshakes in a drink carrier. My eyes widened and I stood in place. Frozen. He attempted to stop, but it was already to late. He ran into me and spilt the milkshake he was carrying.

"Tyler what the fuck?! I told you not to ride that thing!"

I groan. Now I have milkshake in my hair.