|| C H A P T E R 20 ||

I woke up the next morning an hour late for school. Jumping up outta bed I rushed around Bri's room. In the process of doing so Bri woke up.

"What are you doing baby?"

"School," was all I said. I shuffled through her dresser. I found some black tights that looked small enough to fit me and grabbed one of her white crops. Walking to the bathroom with the clothes I shed the oversized shirt was wearing and put on the new clothes.

After washing my face I tighten my hair up in a bun, and walked back to the room. Bri has fallen back asleep. Shaking my head I put on my shoes from the day before and grabbed my bag. Before going to the kitchen I made sure my phone was in my bag.

In the kitchen I stuck two pieces of bread in the toaster, then pulled out the peanut butter and jelly. When the toast was done I pulled them out and spread jelly on one slice and peanut butter on the other, then smashed them together. I grabbed my cup from my bag and rinsed it out added some ice and water, then ran out the door.

☁️☁️🌂🌂🍕🍕

The sky had darkened by lunch. Signaling that yet another storm was on its way.

I sat in fourth period staring out the window. The bell being seconds away from ringing, "finish the online assignment, your dismissed," the teacher spoke just as the bell rang.

I stuffed my stuff in my bag and walked out the classroom. Instead of stopping by my locker I went straight to the cafeteria. Me being the first to arrive at the table I sat down and scrolled through my messages.

After replying back to Terra I set my phone on the table

"Tyler's getting us lunch today," Dana followed by Jackie walked up to the table and sat down. Dana pulled out her mirror and started to apply some gloss after relaying the message.

"Nice, whats he getting?"

"Taco Bell. Hes buying three twelve count boxes," Jackie answered me.

"Fuck yah!" I laughed. My eyes drifted off to a certain blonde walking my way.

"Don't even think about, " Dana put her mirror she was holding back in her bag.

"You know I just can't help myself," I got up and met Brooke halfway, "Hey."

She looked at me with a smile, "Grace, Hey whats up?"

"Nothing much," I walked with her past my table throwing a wink at Dana who rolled her eyes.

"Oh,"

I grabbed her wrist and turned around, "Come sit with me."

"Really? Me?"

I laughed, "Yah. Who else?"

"Oh um sure."

Bring her over by her wrist I went back to my table and sat down, "guys meet Brooke. My neighbor."

"We know Brooke," Jackie spoke. She put her elbows on the table and rested her head in her hands.

"Really?" Brooke asked looking at Jackie.

"Tried out for the cheer team sophomore year. I didn't make it, but you did. Ring any bells?"

I cleared my throat, "look there's Tyler," sure enough come waltzing over with three big boxes full of tacos.

"Ok I got the food. The sauce is in my bag," he put his backpack on the table.

I grabbed a box, "Nice."

Tyler sat next to Brooke, "Brooklyn," he starred at the girl sitting next to him.

Meanwhile I reach across and grabbed his bag to get the hot sauce. I grabbed a few packages, then continued to apply some to my taco. When I looked up from inhaling the taco all eyes were on me, "Did y'all need something?"

Dana rolled her eyes, "I was just telling Tyler how you and Brooklyn are neighbors."

I nod my head and grab another taco, "Yah so?"

"Call me Brooke please," She spoke softly from besides me.

"Guys be nice to her," I playfully scolded the table. They rolled their eyes and I shrugged, "chill," I whispered to Brooke, "they're just playing around," I knew they probably weren't but she didn't have to know that.

We had gotten halfway through lunch without any trouble. Everyone warmed up to the idea of Brooke sitting with us. They laughed at her attempts to make a joke, and she laughed at the doing stupid things. Brooke especially eyed Tyler.

When the laughing came to halt that's when everyone became tense. A certain cheerleader walked over to our table. Most called her Bethany I called her hoe number uno.

"Brooke, I haven't seen you around lately," she put her hands at the end of the table and leaned down showing a significant amount of cleavage. Everyone, including myself looked away.

"Oh, um, y-yah about that," Brooke began to fidget and twirled a piece of hair around on her finger.

"You should change that. Just because you and Fin had a little spill doesn't mean anything. You two will get over it," she smiled down at Brooke.

Brooke turned a shade of red and her lips went into a thin line. She didn't say anything, but I felt like I had to, "Hey, I'd appreciate it if you back off."

Hoe number uno looked at me, "and you are?" Her bottom lip pouted up, nose scrunched, and eyes rolled. This bitch ain't serious now is she?

"Bethany don't start something you can't finish," Dana butted into the conversation.

"Was I talking to you? No I don't think so, so keep your trap shut," hoe number uno head snapped towards Dana and she stood up straight.

"You can't even keep your legs shut, so how you gonna tell me to shut my trap?" Dana stood up ready to pounce.

Hoe uno gasped. I couldn't help but laugh, "bro you do realize they only tolerate you right? Your little friends, or whatever," I stood up also standing right in Bethany's face, "over here, we don't tolerate you. So what you can do now is, shove that stick back up your ass, turn around and walk away, or get the shit beat outta you. I mean it's your choice," I shrugged smirking.

Her mouth opened and closed like a fish. She didn't say anything but turned to walk away, but before she could get far enough away Jackie just had to step in, "she don't get the option to just walk away," she grabbed her by her hair.

Only it didn't stay stuck in her head. It fell out. Bethany shrieked turning around and Jackie bursted out laughing. Hell even Brooke laughed.

"Yo, they're clip-ins!" Tyler pointed and shouted. Soon the whole cafeteria was laughing along with us.

Feed back?

Sorry for the late chapter. I just started working and going to school at the same time.

More Fin drama?

More new drama?

Grace & Tyler?

What's next?