|| C H A P T E R 50 ||

Life took a turn for me. For two weeks after I got out of the hospital I isolated myself. I got unenrolled from school and started a home schooling program. I didn't allow any visitors especially Brooke. I just couldn't bring myself to face her.

It took her a total of 15 days to figure that out. That I didn't want to see her or anyone else. This slump cut deeper than the surface.

I lost a baby I didn't even know I was carrying because of my recklessness. I not only hurt it, but I hurt the one person I cared the most about, because of my actions. Now he may never speak to me again.

Not that I tried reaching out to him. It's been 21 days, and everything's began to blur together. I'm completely and utterly alone.

Even my sisters gone. After the events that had happened he got full custody of her. Now it's just mom and I. Pretty soon it's just going to be me. She's moving to NYC with her guy friend.

Not wanting to impede on her anymore than I already have I decided that I'm staying behind.

That's why I'm here today standing on Tyler's door step. I didn't know where else to go. I thought I'd try here first. Making a fist, I knocked on the door a total of three times, then stood back and waited for it to open.

In all honesty I wasn't expecting it to open, revealing an all to familiar face.

"Sweetheart, it's been a minute!" Adeline opens the door. Wow she's still in town? I thought they'd be half way across the world by now. She moves to the side allowing me to walk in.

"Hello," I give her a soft smile, "is Tyler here by any chance?"

"Oh no, I thought he would've told you. Two weeks ago he joined his father in Venice. It was out of the blue, but he insisted."

I nodded my head, "oh. Know when he's going to be back by any chance?"

"They're not due home for another couple of month. If I'm not mistaken they'll be in Italy for a while. Is there anything I could do for you?"

He's in Italy with his father? Tyler and his father never got alone. His mother was what kept them in check, so why was she here?

"Umm-"

"Tyler did tell me of the unfortunate events that happened," she took my hand after not letting me finish my sentence, "he doesn't blame you. In fact he wants to better himself, because of you."

Tears welled in my eyes, "it's all my fault. He left because of me."

"Oh honey," she pulled me in for a hug, "if I believed that for a even a second I wouldn't have opened the door for you."

As the tears began to stream down my face I laughed. Holing back I wiped my face, "I wouldn't have opened the door for me either."

"Come on, come join join me for some tea. Imported all the way from London. It will warm you up, it's kind of chilly out there."

"I'd love to join you." I smiled for the first time in weeks.

☕️🤍🤎🤍🤎☕️

I got home later that night after having tea with Adeline, and starred at all of the boxes. It was almost time for mom to leave me. Shaking my head I walked up the stairs and to my bathroom.

I starred at myself in the mirror. The last time I had this look in my eyes I cut my hair. This time I'd rather do something more drastic, but I couldn't dare bring myself to do it. Something was stopping me.

I liked to think it was Adeline's nice words.

Not thinking anymore on the subject I walked into my room and began putting myself stuff in boxes.