|| C H A P T E R 21 ||

Grace and I have grown closer than ever. I sit with her and the rest at lunch, my parents finally gave me my keys back, so she sometimes gets a ride to school with me. She's my first real friend in forever.

That's why here I am on a Friday night sprawled out on her bed, "you don't have any plans tonight?" I asked curiously.

"Nope," Grace sits on the floor up against the bed, with her knees to her chest, and a computer on top of them.

I roll over on my stomach and go to look over her shoulder to see what she is doing, "whatcha doin?" I asked leaning on my hands.

"At this point in time I don't know anymore," she gets up and sets the computer down on the bed. She, for some odd reason seems anxious.

I sat up, "are you ok?"

Grace turns around to face me, "yah I'm fine," I didn't believe her words.

I sighed. Something was obviously bugging her but I didn't press.

"Your parents okay with you spending the night?" She asked as she pulled her hair up I starred for a second before replying, "Yah."

"Ok good," She disappears inside her closet and comes back out wearing a pair of ripped jeans instead of her shorts, and a white over sized crop, "come on."

"Where are we going?" I asked getting up.

"I'm feel adventurous. Let's do something reckless," she went down stares with a smirk on her face.

I hesitantly followed after her, "reckless?" I asked finding her in the kitchen.

She shut the fridge and plopped a grape in her mouth, "Yup, come on it'll be fun."

"Fun I don't doubt, but will it get me in trouble?"

Grace shrugged, "I guess we'll just have to see. Let's leave out the back."

"Can I at least drive?" I yelled after her.

"Nope!" She popped her 'p' and smiled at me.

🥳🥳🏍🏍💛💛

We ended up at Bri's tattoo parlor.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Grace.

"Gonna have some fun," she parked her bike and we got off going inside.

The last time I was in here I got my belly button pierced. Now weeks later I'm back about to do another thing that would without a doubt get me killed by my parents. I guess you really do only live once.

"Valerie!" Grace greets the light skinned girl from before.

"Grace! Glad to see you again. Are you here to see Bri?"

Grace shook her head and leaned up against the counter, "I'm here to get tatted."

"Nah Bri did my first tattoo a while back that's how we met," Grace smiled, "I came in one night and she was the only one here. At the time I was seventeen, and had only been passing thought town to go to a party. Anyways, I had stopped and tried to convince her to give me a tattoo even though I was under age by a few months. She agreed as long as it was somewhere hidden and I would go on a date with her."

Valerie 'awed'. I didn't want to admit it but I awed also. I envied them.

"Can I see the tat?" Valerie asked when she was finished awing the cute love story.

"Yah," Grace turned around and pulled her shirt up to her shoulders.