|| C H A P T E R 46 ||

"What the heck were you thinking?!"

I rolled my eyes moving around the eggs on my plate.

"Oh wait you weren't! You don't understand how much we care about you! All we want to do is protect you!" My mother screams in my face.

I shake my head. Just agree with her I think. Go along with it. Take the punishment, and get over with it. That's all I can do.

"Wait until you're father gets back!" She paces around the kitchen.

Speaking of my father, he had to go in to the office early. Leaving me to face the wrath of my mother all alone. Honestly I knew I was going to get caught sneaking out. I still did it though.

"I'm driving you to school, and I will get out of work early to pick you up." She grabs her car keys from the hook next to the back door, "come on."

I grab my backpack from the chair next to me and follow her out.

The whole ride to school is silent. My mom casually grumbles under her breathe asking how could I, what was I think and so on. When we finally got to school I hopped out the car before she could even come to a complete stop. Slamming the door shut behind me I quickly walked inside the building.

😤😤🌨🌨😭😭

By lunch time the weather matched my mood. The sky is full of dark clouds and it's drizzling. The water falling from the sky is ice cold and is sure to turn to snow.

Instead of going anywhere for lunch I stood by my locker watching people pass. I couldn't eat. Dread filled my stomach of what would happen once I got home.

Down the hall I could see Tyler and Grace walking towards me. Tyler had his arm around Grace's shoulders and they seemed to be laughing at something. My stomach truly fell. Am I just that easy to replace?

With my back against the lockers I slid down to the floor and brought my knees to my chest. Looking straight ahead I held the tears back, as the threatened to fall.

A few moments passed before I heard someone on the other end of the hall, opposite of Brooke and Tyler.

"Brooklyn? Are you okay?"

I looked to my right and saw the last person I ever thought I'd see. I simply nodded my head hoping they'd go away.

"I know your not okay. We did after all date for two years."

I wiped my face and looked up at him, "and you what, cheated on me for one of those two years?"

He shook his head and sat down besides me, "look I'm sorry how everything went down-"

I cut him off, "I bet you are," I began standing up, "but I got to go." Picking up my bag from the ground I began walking away.

"Wait," he grabbed my wrist, "I still care about you. I meant it whenever I asked if you were okay."

"Did you care about me when you fucked the "friend"?"

He sighs, "I get that was a dick move, but Brooklyn believe me. Please."

He dropped my wrist and I look at him. Staring inside his eyes I knew all this time we've been apart something had happened. Come to think of it I hadn't seen him around in a while.

Taking his plea I sighed, "what do you want Finn?"

"Nothing I promise, I just want to make sure you're okay." He took a step towards me.

"I'm fine."

He reached his hand out and touched my cheek. I couldn't help but lean into his hand and close my eyes. It was just as warm as always.