|| C H A P T E R 7 ||

I dreaded Monday morning more than I had dreaded coming home on Saturday. When coming home my mom had told me my actions were unnecessary and irresponsible, and a punishment was in order. Since my dad is away on a business trip she decided my punishment and took away all electronics and grounded me for a month.

This had been the first time I had even been grounded. Ever. I did think my mom was a bit unreasonable though.

Pulling into the schools parking lot I saw the few cars that were already parked, I took my spot in the front and hopped out. It's a dark Autum day and the autum wind nipped at my warm skin underneath my light pink sweater as I rushed to get inside. I sighed fixing my hair and walk to my locker.

Feeling the need to avoid Fin at all costs I grab the books I need for the day and hug them to my chest. Looks like I'm going to carry them around all day. I made my way to home room only for her door to be closed. I frowned. I guess she doesn't get to school early.

My back hits the wall next to the door and I slide down taking a seat. I drop my books to the side and bring my knees to my chest. Fiddling with the strings to my boots I sat their for about five minutes until I got bored and stood back up with my books. It would be more fun to wonder around.

I ended up in the west wing cafeteria. Yes we had more than one cafeteria with a big school I think it was needed. The cafeteria was just as boring as the hallway so I made my way back to my car to check the time, but it showed it was as early as I had thought it to be, because just as I'm turning the corner I see Fin leaning up against his locker.

Backing up I hid around the corner peaking my head out to see what he was doing. He of course was on his phone holding two coffee cups from Starbucks. So he thought he was gonna bribe me or something? I rolled my eyes.

Still starring at him Bethany walks through the double door and I mentally panic as she stops and talks to Fin. My heart clenches and face heats up. If he has enough sense he won't tell her about our, er, mishap. Deciding to face my fear I start to make my way towards them, Bethany started to walk my way holding the cup that Fin was previously holding, but slips on air.

Fin being the hero he is and her not being to far away catches her by the waist, but unluckily me I still get drenched in the sugary cold coffee. It splattered in my face and trickled down my neck soon covering my sweater.

"Brooke," Fin spoke. Everyone seemed to stop. Now all eyes were on us, well, me. A sugary drenched mess.

"I'm so sorry Brooke, clumsy me!"

I shook my head and turned tears filling my eyes. My face is hot from embarrassment.

Fin grabbed my wrist as I was walking away, "babe wait," I flinched at his touch. I looked back at his hand on my wrist unable to say anything.

"Let her go," I looked behind Fin to see Grace. Fin let me go and turned around.

"She's my girlfriend, I know your new and all, so don't start off on the wrong foot, getting in to other peoples business. Especially if it's mine, move along."

Grace stood rooted in place looking in between us, "Last time I check, she broke up with you when she found you in your room having a naked play date with some hoe."

His eyes widened, "You bitch."

She flipped her hair rather cockily. I couldn't help but wipe my eyes and laugh a little walking towards her.

"Make sure you add hot before that, because if i'm a bitch might as well be a pretty one. Now how about you move along. Or wait maybe if I throw a stick you'll go fetch it with your dog self. Matter fact go bark up someone else tree, because i'm not the one to play with," she made a shew motion with her hands. A crowd starts to grow around us and the coffee starts to dry.

"Come on babe let's let the low life's be low life's, I'm sure she wants to go to the back of the school and get stoned either way," he threw his arm around my shoulder as I tried to walk away. My eyes widened in disgust and I shrugged his arm off.

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and spit out a better argument than you, so take a hint she's not your girl anymore," Grace told him as I went to stand by her side.

"You little bitch your going to go along with her?" Fin pointed his anger at me Grace was about to go off again but I stopped her.

"Hey it's fine, I've been called worse. Like his girlfriend," everyone seemed to stop breathing as I spoke, "it's not even worth it though because now everyone knows. Everyone knows he cheated on me with one of my friends. God I cant even say best friends because we were never really friends."

"I-I didn't," he began to stutter and look around the crowd. Golden boy a cheat?

"You did, and you can't lie your way out of this one. Goodbye, Fin see you never." I look at Grace and she nods her head leading us out of the crowd.

We walked outside and it seemed to be pouring again. I sighed at least it would help wash some of the coffee off of me. We ran to my car and hopped inside blasting the heater I smiled.

"Thanks," I spoke breaking the awkward silence, "I really appreciate it. I really appreciate you."

"Hey, that's what friends do right?"

I faked a shock expression, "We're friends?"

"I guess we are. Means your stuck with me now," she rubs her hands together and puts them in front of the vents.

I roll my eyes, "I've been stuck with you since the day you moved into my neighborhood."