|| C H A P T E R 39 ||

"Merry Christmas!" 8 am. Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas, mom and dad," I take a seat at the kitchen island.

"We have a big breakfast, since we're going to have a light lunch, and big dinner," my mom put some pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, and a biscuit on a plate, then slid it over to me.

"Thank you."

"No problem honey." I took my plate and went to sit at the table with dad.

"Good morning sweetheart," he look up at me over his paper.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek before sitting down, "morning daddy."

My mom came to sit down with her plate and placed a glass of orange juice in front of me.

"I hope you slept well." My mom makes conversation.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. It's going to be a long day."

We hear the front door opening, "the parties here!" Auntie Mel. I smile as my mother sighs, "ouu breakfast!" Mel sets the big hat she's wearing on the table then goes over to grab a plate of food before coming over and sitting next to me, "when do we open presents?"

My mom rolls her eyes, "we'll open presents at noon. We have traditions."

"Traditions of course. What's first on the list?" She stuffs some eggs in her mouth and I do the same.

Mom sips on her coffee, "well first we have to go drop of all the toys in my car at the orphanage, then we'll come back, bake some sugar cookies and decorate the gingerbread house, then we'll pass out cookies to the neighborhoods."

"We only have four hours how are we going to all that before noon?" Mel looks at my mother as if she's crazy.

My mother shrugs, "I guess you better hurry up and finish breakfast."

My dad chuckles, "don't worry you'll have time."

Mel looks at my father, "your coming with us to right?"

"Yes, both of our cars are filled with toys for the children."

Mel nods, "okay good."

I smile over at her, "we have a busy day ahead of us." I tease.

After finishing breakfast I ran up back to my room and got dressed. My Christmas outfit is great. It consists of a maroon long sleeve velvety top and a long cream skirt. I curled my hair a bit, and added a necklace to complete the look.

Doing a natural look, I add some mascara to my eyelashes, and some red lipstick

"Brooke! We're about to leave!" Mom yells up the stairs.

I take one last look at myself in the mirror, then run down stairs, "I'm ready!"

"They're already in the car. I'm riding with your dad, and your riding with your mother," Mel stands at the front door to deliver the message.