|| C H A P T E R 44 ||

All my feelings remained out in the open. I'm a horrible person I know. Finally telling Brooke how I feel when it's to late. Honestly I don't even deserve her.

Pulling my phone out of my back pocket I press call on her name. If any of this is ever going to get better I'm going to have to take the first step forward.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Grace?"

"Yah, it's me."

"I didn't expect this call. Like ever," I heard some shuffling in the background.

"I know me either. I'm calling to apologize. I'm sorry Terra. For acting the way I did."

"We both played a roll. I just thought I'd be apologizing first. After all I did kind of use you."

I laughed, "I know you did. It's all in the past though."

"Agreed," I could somehow sense her smiling on the other line, "hey why aren't you in school?"

I looked up at the school building from where I stood in the parking lot, "I am. Just not in class. I'm at school if it counts."

She laughs, "something's will never change."

"Wait, why aren't you in school? It's a Wednesday."

"Actually, I'm in town. I'm having dinner with Brooke's parents, and attending church with them."

I bursted out laughing, "you go to church, baby you're going to burn the place down!"

"Shut up! I'm so nervous to meet her parents!"

"Where are you right now?"

"At this diner."

"The one we always go to?"

She's quite for a second. She probably nodded her head, "yes."

"Okay. Stay there I'm on my way."

"Okay!"

"Bye bitch."

"Bye hoe."

The line went dead. I got my best friend back. Hopping on my bike I looked at my phone one last time before heading out. Noticing Tyler texted me I text back to him I'm leaving.

"Going somewhere without me?"

I jump up and drop my phone, "fuck Tyler! You scared the shit out of me!"

"Oh my bad," he bends down to pick up my phone, "didn't answer my question tho."

"I'm going to go meet up with Terra. Wanna join me?" I roll my eyes at him.

He smiles at me handing my phone, "of course I do."

I hop off the bike and let him get on. I've just gotten a custom to letting him drive. I don't really mind anymore.

Honestly I can't remember life before Tyler. I wouldn't have left without him earlier, I would have waited and made him come with me. Tyler is my rock, and I enjoyed leaning on him.

The drive was short and before I knew it we came to stop in front of the diner.

"I'm going to be out here smoking for a second," Tyler informs me as I get off.

"Okay, give me your pack so you'll only smoke one though."

He sighs and takes handing me the pack.

"Thank you!" Smirking I walk off inside.

Terra is sitting at the back of the diner, hunched over a menu. Waking over I take a seat in front of her. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Long time no see."