|| C H A P T E R 27 ||

I forgave her. Just like that. I couldn't help but forgive her. Bri is the only one that actually puts up with my bs. Brooke and I, will never happen. They say opposites attract, but I don't think they do. That or Brooke and I are more alike then I think.

"Grace, it's toxic," Brooke sat on my bed watching me stuff my suitcase. Bri heard of my tip and bought me a matching white Louis Vuitton suitcase and travel on bag.

"Brooke drop it," I raised my voice. She didn't say anything as I continued to throw stuff in my suit case.

At last I had everything and began zipping it up. She grabbed my wrist, "Grace. Hear me out. Please."

My heart beat sped up. She continued to clutch to my wrist as if I would break if she let go. Brooke has no clue about her affect one me. Flashbacks of everything we've ever done flash through my mine. I grabbed her wrist with my other hand.

"The tattoo is healing nicely," my thumb brushed over the small tattoo on her wrist.

"Don't change the subject. Grace please. If you won't talk to Terra talk to me," her begging eyes met mine as she pleaded with me.

"Why can't y'all just let me be? Grace made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes!" I dropped her hand and back up.

"We don't want to see you hurt again Grace," she pulled her hands into her lap.

I went back to zipping up my suitcase.

"All these nice things she's been getting you, why do you think she's getting them for you? Grace open your eyes it's because she's guilty! Brielle is not to be trusted," this time she grabbed my hand pulling me in front of her.

"No, stop it. Stop it," the room felt like it was closing in. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to feel, I didn't know what to think. Everything in this point in times failed me.

Too much has happened and I haven't had time to process any of it. I just need everything to slow down.

My heart however still had a few things to say. I starred Brooke in the eye. I put my hand up and her followed mirroring me, I led the back of her hand to my chest. My heart wanted to speak since my brain was failing me.

"You feel that?" I asked. She nodded her head, "that's the effect you have over me. I'm giving Bri the chance that you and I could never have."

"Who says we couldn't have a chance?" She turns her head slightly in a confused manner.

"Everyone. We aren't even a we. It's you and I separately," I dropped her hand.

"What if, you and I weren't separated?"

I shook my head and pursed my lips holding in the tears. She didn't understand that we would never work. I mean we wouldn't work would we? I never thought to ask myself the question. My shields have been up this whole time pushing her way when I should have been trying to bring her closer.

Closing my eyes I walk forward in one single motion I put my lips on hers. Everything was happening in slow motion. My hands cupped her face that was hot from tension, soon they moved up and tangled themselves in her long blonde locks, then made their way down to lay on her waist. While hers found their way to link behind my neck. Our lips moved in sync. Everything was perfect.

Well almost perfect tears streamed down my face. Brooke sensing them pulled away and looked at me. I wished them to go away but they kept on leaking out of my eyes having a mind of their own.

She put her thumbs under my eyes and wiped them away, "why are you crying?"

I shake my head as she holds my face in her hands, "I don't know," they pour out faster and everything goes back to normal speed. She wipes away my tears with her sleeves.