|| C H A P T E R 25 ||

"She did what?!"

"I was sleep. I don't know. I woke up and yah. Maybe you should get down here," I spoke in a whisper and looked around the living room.

"Ugh, fuck. Ok ok, I'll be there in a few hours," Terra groaned.

"Thank you see you in a bit," I looked towards the stairs.

"See you."

With that we hang up just as Grace walks down the stairs. She looks at me.

"What are you up to?"

I look around then point at myself, "who me?"

She laughs, "Yes you. Who else?"

"Oh uh, I don't know."

"Mhm," She narrows her eyes at me, "so what are you up to?"

"Nothing," I look around to avoid eye contact.

"You know your a terrible liar," she walks towards the kitchen.

Her hair even though short is curled into big paper curls, and gold earring dangle mixing in with her hair. She wears a burnt orange knitted sweater that is partly tucked into her black pants. Of course her Gucci belt is on full display. The whole outfit is thrown together with thigh high brown suede heeled boots. All in all she maintains her model status.

I follow her to the kitchen. She peaks inside the fridge. I clear my throat getting her attention, "so, I need to go home to change clothes. I'm starting to feel a bit icky."

"Okay," she shuts the fridge and faces me.

"Would you like to come? I'm sure my mom would love to see you. And I'm sure she has something prepared to eat."

Grace shrugs her shoulders, "sure."

I smile, "Okay great. Let's go."

I grab my things and we walk out the door across the street to my house. On our front door hangs our wreathe. We have one for every season.

I twist the door knob to see if it's open and sure enough it is

I twist the door knob to see if it's open and sure enough it is. Pushing open the door we walk inside. The warm heat hits us along with the pumpkin spice smell. I shut the door behind Grace who looks around. Our house is decked out in holiday decor.

"Brookie darling is that you?"

I roll my eyes at my mom's nickname for me and Grace stifles a laugh, "yes mom it's me!"

I walk towards the kitchen and urge Grace to follow.

"Oh hey honey, and Grace what a pleasure to see you as always hon!" My mom covered in flour gives Grace and I a great big ol hug, "excuse my mess," She ushers to the kitchen island, "I'm just preparing for Wednesday dinner and our family dinner Thursday."

"Oh it's fine Mrs. Farewell."

"Oh call me Rachel," my mom's beaming smile is contagious seeing as Grace's smile soon matches my mom's.