|| C H A P T E R 24 ||

After a week at Bri's I thought it was time to makeup with my mom. Thanksgiving is a few days away and I wouldn't want to traumatize Cali with me not being there. Opening the door to the house I walk inside.

Surprisingly I find the house empty. A suspicious kind of empty. Going back to the kitchen I find a note on the fridge.

Dear Grace,
If your wondering where we are we aren't in town. Or even in the state. I decided to take Cali to the Macy's thanksgiving parade. We left Friday at noon and plan on staying in New York for a week in an airbnb . I left a plane ticket attached, it leaves on the 27, a day before thanksgiving. Hopefully you will decide to join us.

Love,
Mom.

I sigh. I truly am a spoiled brat aren't I?

The doorbell goes off and I go to answer the door. Brooke stands there holding a pie.

"Hey stranger. My mom said something about y'all being out of town, but then she saw you and thought what better way to welcome y'all back then with a pie. She's been baking all to perfect her recipe for thanksgiving," Brooke nervously laughs.

"Oh, um you can set it in the kitchen," I move to the side to let her in, then follow behind her to the kitchen.

"So, um, where did y'all go?" She set the pie on the kitchen island.

"I didn't go anywhere. My mom and sister went to the Macy's thanksgiving day parade," I sat down on a chair at the island.

"Oh, why didn't you go?"

I shrug, "I got kicked out about a week go. Didn't know they went."

She gasped, "You got kicked out?"

I nod my head, "Yeah."

"Grace, I didn't know that. What did you do?"

"I was a royal bitch," she doesn't say anything, "but hey it's ok."

"Would you like to join us for thanksgiving?"

The question surprises me, but I shake my head, "I'm heading out there on Wednesday. She left me a ticket."

"How long will you be gone for?"

I smirk, "are you going to miss me Brooke?" I tease.

Her eyes widen, "what-"

I burst out laughing, "I'm kidding, but I don't know. I might stay there throughout New Years, if I can find an airbnb."

"Oh that's nice," she wraps her arms around her.

"Are you doing anything today?"

She shook her head, "I already finished my homework."

I laugh, "of course you did."

She rolls her eyes, "Terras not coming down this weekend?"

"Nah, she's busy," her and Terra have been getting quite cozy with each other here recently. I looked around the table for my phone. The I checked my pockets and cursed under my breathe, "fuck. I forgot my phone at Bri's."

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head, "I probably left it on her couch. Shoot I'm going to have to go get it."

"You want me to come with?"

I nod my head, "if you want. After we can go get ice cream or something."