|| C H A P T E R 23 ||

"Is Brooke is coming with us to the party?" Terra questioned, as she pulled the curling iron down from her hair.

"I don't know. Probably not," I applied highlight to my cheek bones in the mirror.

"Why not?" She looked at herself in the mirror.

"I don't know," I finished up my makeup.

Terra rolls her eyes, "so we aren't over dressed right?"

We both did a once over of each other, "Nope."

"Wow this girl rich or sumin?"

"Or something," I got up and grabbed my jacket from the closet.

"So, I'm gonna go ask Brooke if she's going with us

"So, I'm gonna go ask Brooke if she's going with us."

I turn around, "why do you want her to go so bad?"

"Because I don't want to third wheel. It sucks my bro," she left and I rolled my eyes as she left.

I grabbed a purse and put some essentials inside, then walked downstairs.

"Where are you going?" My mom sat in the living room with Cali.

"Dana is having a birthday party today," I stood by the door.

"You don't let me meet any of your friends so I wouldn't have a clue in the world who this girl is," she sighs, "Are you driving? You know how I feel about you driving while intoxicated. If your going to to drink then d-" I cut her off.

"Bri is picking me up."

"Bri?" She made a sour face.

"That's sissy's girlfriend!" Cali picked into the conversation. I rolled my eyes. She always ratting me out for something.

"That girl Brielle? Brielle Carver?"

"Yes Bri. Now can you stop interrogating me?" I cross my arms.

"I've heard about this Bri girl-"

I didn't let her finish, "so you have. No, I'm not using her for her money, yes I know she's 21, no I'm not letting her take advantage of me, and yes I'm being safe. Are we done here?"

She narrows her eyes at me, "I am done with you disrespecting me young lady! I do so much for you! Treat you like my own flesh and blood, and how do you repay me? By taking back and giving me grey hairs! GET OUT AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YOU'VE LEARNED SOME RESPECT!"

My eyes widen. I can tell she's being serious, because she yelled at me. Not knowing what else to do I open the front door and walk out slamming it shut behind me. This night just took an unexpected turn.

"Look who's coming with us!" Terra yelled from across the street. Standing next to her was none other than Brooke.

Her tan skin glowed against the red dress she wore. Her lips painted a seductive red were enchanting. She wrinkled her nose and smiled making her look all the more enchanting. They crossed the street and Terra could automatically sense that something was wrong.