|| C H A P T E R 18 ||

"Brooklyn Spears Farewell, What the heck were you thinking? Running off in the early house of the morning without telling us? Then to top it off skipping church the next day and not coming back till noon! What has gotten into you?" My father scolds me.

"I'm sorry," I put my head down. I knew there would be consequences of going, but I went anyway.

"Go up to your room," my mother instructed me. I did as told and went up stairs to my room.

I sat on my bed looking around. My desk had no computer on it just some school books and finished homework. I slipped off my slippers and dug my feet into the fur carpet that laid on the floor. Laying back on my bed I closed my eyes.

I hear my mother and father mumbling downstairs along with footsteps. The door bell rings and I sit up. Wonder who that can be? Getting up I went to my window and looked outside. No car.

My bedroom door opened and I looked over, "hey looser."

"Grace?"

"Last I checked thats my name," she walked in carrying a laptop, and her backpack.

"What are you doing here?" I walked over.

"We have a 'school project'," she said using finger quotes.

"Right," I smirked.

She set her bag down on my desk chair and her laptop down on mine desk, then took a seat on my bed, "I knew you'd be grounded and in even more trouble. Thought I'd come over and ease the punishment."

"Thanks for that," I sat at my desk hanging her backpack on my chair.

"No problem," she slipped off her vans. I took this time to notice her attire. Black grey pants with ripped knees, over sized black knitted sweater, and her was wet like she just got out of the shower.

"Are you sure you didn't need anything?" I asked starring at her

"Nope, just like bugging you," she leaned back.

"Ok if that's the case you won't mind if I take a quick shower?"

She shook her head and pulled out her phone, "not at all."

I went to my closet and pulled out some sweats, and a shirt, along with undergarments, "I'll only be a second."

I walked into the bathroom and took a shower rinsing my body, and washing my hair. When I finished I walked out the bathroom with my towel around my shoulders. I rubbed my wet hair.

"So are you gonna tell me what your really doing here?"

Grace casually sits on my bed looking down at her laptop, "the truth?"

"Yes the truth."

"I don't wanna be home."

I nod my head, "Ok makes sense. If we don't have a group project what are we gonna do?"