Chapter Seventy Three

Gabriel

Sang is a natural. Not only was she born to be behind the camera, but she was born to be in front of it too. She's absolutely stunning, and has taken everything in stride. She hasn't complained about all the outfit changes, or the amount of times I've messed with her hair to fix it back into place. As I said, a natural.

"Have you enjoyed yourself?" She asks, as I apply chapstick to her lips.

"I think I've found a new love," I tell her, pulling away and capping the balm. What I say is true; I have loved being behind the camera, have loved putting my finger down on that shutter, setting up scenes, making suggestions. I've loved watching her glow, smiling, laughing...those green eyes sparkling. But the truth is, those words have a double meaning. My new love is for the girl sitting on the chair in front of me, looking up at me through her lashes, a soft smile on her lips. I can't get enough of her.

"It's addicting, isn't it? As soon as you take one photo, you have to take another." She sighs. "It's a never ending process, but the results always make it worthwhile."

I nod my head in agreement, pulling back and looking down at her. It's our turn now. Marc and Luke are going to take turns taking our pictures. Throughout the last couple of hours, I've been showing them different features on the camera, explaining what to do, what settings work best on what. I'm not an expert like Sang, but from what I've seen of the pictures I've taken on the small display screen, I've done pretty good. I can't wait to see them on the laptop screen soon.

We're not having a scene set, we're just going to go back to the white sheet. She's wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a white vest top, which matches what I'm wearing, just for guys...obviously. And with me I brought bottles of paint. It's going to get fucking messy, and will require us both to shower before I can finish this shoot of with Sang and Owen, but the results...they're going to be worth it. Just like it was worth Sang getting into the pool with Silas, just like moving the piano out into the woods for Victor. It's all been worth it.

"I believe you," I tell her, moving to her hair. When she washed off the flour and sugar in the shower, she didn't get her hair wet. There's a few areas where flour is sitting in her hair, but I quickly pull out the hair tie, give it a gentle brush, before twisting it up into a messy bun, making sure some tendrils of hair are framing her face. Once I'm done, I move around her, nodding my head, admiring the outfit I've chosen, how perfect that messy bun is, but most importantly her. I admire her. "Perfect."

"Only because of you," she whispers, green eyes staring back into my blues, like she can see my soul and all that she's been doing to it. Soothing it with her smiles, warming it with her laughter.

"No, Trouble. You don't need me to be perfect. You do that all on your own." I hold my hand out and she takes up. I pull her to stand and then pull her close, wrapping my arm around her waist. I fight the urge to not push the hair back behind her ear, after purposely doing it that way. "I just dress you up and do my thing like you're my favourite Barbie doll. Only, you're better."

She grins, a smile that literally sets off the zoo in my stomach and makes my heart glow with happiness. "I loved dressing up barbies when I was a little girl. I had the Barbie dream house, the convertible car, the shopping mall. My mom used to sit with me for hours playing with Barbie's."

My heart clenches, feeling the grief she's feeling, not just hers but my own. "She would be proud of the young woman you are," I tell her softly.

"So would yours..." she says, but a smile tickles at my lips, and she rolls her eyes. "The young man, not the woman. She would be proud of the young man you are. Gosh, Gabriel." I laugh, breaking that brief moment where her heartbreak took hold of her.