Chapter Fifty Seven

A/N: just this one chapter tonight. Happy reading!

Capturing Them
Chapter Fifty Seven
Sang

Standing up, I clutch the swimsuit to my chest. "I'm going to change. Where's the bathroom?"

"I'll show you," Kota says. I give him a small smile and follow him down the hall until we reach a closed door. He turns the handle and pushes it open. "Don't think you have to wear the swimsuit, Sweetie. We can find you something else to wear if it would make you more comfortable."

I look up and into Kota's kind green eyes, taking note of the single strand of hair that's fallen onto his forehead. With twitching fingers, I reach up and push it away. "It's all good, Kota. I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to. Besides, something different never hurts anyone."

His hand catches mine as I'm lowering it back to my side. "Can I tell you something?" he asks softly. I nod my head in reply and I watch as he takes a slow deep breath before releasing it. "You've come so far within a matter of a couple of weeks. You speak now—in front of us—like it's the easiest thing in the world for you to do, and I'm so proud of how far you've come already. You're blossoming and blooming right in front of our eyes."

My eyes sting with tears. "Oh, Kota."

He steps closer to me, lowering his head closer to mine. "Thank you for giving us a chance to be there for you."

I close my eyes and dip my head forward, resting my forehead on his chin, near his lips; lips that pucker and press the sweetest kiss on me. "Thank you, Kota."

"Don't thank me, Sweetie." His hand comes under my chin, tilting my head back. I blink my eyes open and look at his handsome face; kind, lovable green eyes, black framed glasses, full lips, straight nose and that one hair that's fallen back onto his forehead. "Just keep smiling. That's all we ask."

He quickly presses a kiss to the tip of my nose before walking away. With a happy sigh of content, I go into the bathroom and change.

xXx

I stare at myself in the mirror, tilting my head this way and that, turning my body in all directions and even doing a star jump or two to make sure I'm not falling out anywhere. If I'm honest, I think I look... well... good.

Stopping myself from moving around I take myself in from top to bottom; my long blonde hair is in a messy knot on the top of my head. I can't remember the last time I wore my hair up and out of my face. Thankfully, either Luke or Axel had left a hair tie on the vanity unit by the sink for me to use, otherwise the long blonde locks would still be cascading down my back.

Although my face is clear of makeup, it looks like I'm wearing some with my clear but pale skin. Thankfully, I wasn't one of those girls that suffered with acne when I started puberty. Sometimes I would get the odd pimple on my chin, but that's very rare. My cheeks are still slightly red from the embarrassment I felt not too long ago. My eyelashes are dark, making it look like I'm wearing mascara when I'm not.

What makes me pause though are my eyes. The green looks different now, than what it did weeks ago. They look brighter, happier, full of life even and it's...it's great to see. It really is.

With my hair up in its bun, my neck looks longer, which I actually like. It's not often I wear my hair up as I've always tried not to, if I can help it. I've always been a small girl, standing at barely five foot five with a slight frame. The padded cups in the bikini top make my breasts look the next size up. My eyes follow the slight curve of my waist and over my flat stomach until I reach my hips. The strings of the bikini bottoms make them look a little wider, creating an illusion of an hourglass figure. I look down at my legs, noticing how pale they look and I'm thankful that I shaved them quickly when I had a shower last night before going to bed.

My mind goes to the mall when I had to change in front of Dr Green. Even then I didn't strip down completely. Gabriel is the only person that I've been around naked, but I kept myself covered as much as I could. So, I'm a little nervous; I am stepping out of my comfort zone, but maybe this is something I need to do to take the next step forward in my life.

I mean, it's a bikini. Girls all over the world wear bikini's. it just that it might as well be underwear without the lace.

A knock at the door startles me from my thoughts and I lift my head and turn it in that direction—like I could see through the wood panel as to who is on the other side. "Yes?" I call.

"The doctor awaits to change Miss Sang's bandages," Dr Green says from the other side, his voice its usual happy and cheery tone.

I tiptoe over to the door on bare feet. My eyes go to the towel that hangs on a hook and I quickly take it and wrap it around myself before opening the door. Dr Green looks up from routing around his medical bag to look at me and his eyes immediately widen. "Wow."

"What?"

"You have your hair up," he says. "I've only ever seen it up once, and that was at the mall. It suits you. I like it." He grins.

I step to the side and allow him to come inside. "Thank you," I mumble as he walks by. I close the door again and go over to the vanity unit. Making sure the towel is tucked under my arm, I push myself up so I'm sitting up on the vanity.

Dr Green sets his bag on a space to my side, and starts rummaging through it once more, setting things he needs out and reading them for him to grab. He pulls on a pair of gloves and starts unwrapping the bandage already around my shoulder. Once it's off, he removes the gauze, revealing the wound to my eyes.

It's scabby, but looks okay. It doesn't look yellow with infection, which I'm assuming is a good thing.

"That's healing lovely, Pookie. You finish your antibiotics tomorrow, so I'm happy to keep you off them. Just keep taking those pain relievers, but just take the one twice a day—to help with an aches and pains you may feel. Give it another week and we can drop that too."

I watch as Dr Green starts cleaning around the edge of the wound.

"I'm assuming your mobility is okay?" he asks, green eyes focused on his task.

"Yeah. I kept forgetting not to use it, and when I do, it's just a small pinch of pain. Nothing I can't handle," I answer.

"That's good. It doesn't seem like you have any tissue or nerve damage." He pauses what he's doing and looks up, meeting my eye. "You got very lucky, Pookie. I don't want to even think about how this could have turned out."

"Then don't," I whisper. My hand moves on it's own, until I'm cupping his face in my palm. "I'm here and I'm alright."

He gives me a small smile, so different compared to his normal happy wide one. "You are," he agrees. "And that's all what matters."

I smile and press a quick kiss to his cheek, unsure of what to say in reply. When I pull back, a twinkle is in his grass green eyes and he's grinning. "Why, thank you, Pookie."

"You're welcome, Dr Green."