Chapter Forty Five

A/N: Hey Birds! It's your lucky day, I have another update for you and it's in a Toma Team POV! Okay, so before you dive into this chapter I need you to read this! I do hope the bold words grabbed your attention. Anyway. Raven & Corey are together together in this story. I do hope this doesn't stop anyone from reading the story because of this. It's just, I love them together, i love what they have that's beyond a friendship. I will say this: you will see nothing more than a Kiss to the cheek within this story! Anything beyond that - if I go that far - will be in Capturing Them: The Mature Files so you are safe to keep reading this and to not worry about seeing any b/b action! I promise! Now, Happy Reading :)

Chapter Forty Five
Corey

Kayli: Corey, please, please, please, get Brandon to answer his phone. I know he found the pills. They're not mine. I promise. They're Wil's. Please, Corey.

I stare down at the text, my lips pressed into a hard line. For some reason, I don't believe her. Wil would never take pills to get high, he wouldn't take anything to get high. He's focused on his school work at the college he just started and is happy... living in the dorms on campus. Another reason not to believe her.

I don't know when I started doubting Kayli, or not trusting her for that matter, but I know it's been awhile since I really, truly felt connected with her—like how we used to be. Something has changed and I know if I did enough digging, I'd find out, but honestly, I'm scared. I don't know what I'll find.

Feeling someone at my side, I look up and into a pair of dark, narrowed, brown eyes. Raven stares down at my phone, his expression I'm sure matches my own. "Ignore her," he grunts, walking back over to the coffee maker and finishing our coffees.

I lock my phone and slip it back into my jean pocket. Raven and I are currently having a quick break from the work we've been doing all day. Sang and the Blackbourne team will be home in a couple of hours, so they'll be able to help out then. "What's going on, Raven? Why are you being like this towards Kayli?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me for a long moment. "Because, Cor, I don't love her anymore." He turns around and looks at me, my heart hammering in my chest. "I don't think I have for a while now."

"And what made you realise that?" I ask. He just stares at me. I already know the answer. "Sang?" I ask quietly.

He shakes his head. "I've felt for a while that I haven't been in love with her, not like I was. I guess seeing Sang... it just—it put it all into perspective for me."

"Raven, you met her three days ago."

"Cor, I'm not saying I love the girl. Fuck," he mutters, running his hands over his face. "She's just... I loved Kayli and her wild ways, even her stubbornness at times, but I never felt like she needed me—she never needed me to protect her, or look after her, or even love her." He pauses and looks at me again. "Sang... she needs someone to protect her and she'll accept it without argument. She's quiet, but voices her opinion. She's a breath of fucking fresh air."

I wish I could say I didn't understand how he felt, but I do. I completely understand because she's different. She's quiet, doesn't argue, and agrees easily, yet she gives her point of view on things. She's passionate about her photography, that much you can tell. She tries not to be noticed, but it's hard not to notice her.

She's something else, that's for sure.

Raven abandons the coffees and comes up to me, putting his hands on the counter at my hips where I stand. His body is close to mine, and I can feel the warmth radiating off. "Tell me I'm not the only one, Cor. Tell me I'm not the only one who sees Little Bird as something more than just a quiet girl."