Chapter Five

Chapter Five
~Sang~

Dr Green hands me back my schedule and I take it with a smile, sliding it into my bag without even looking at it. I don't want to look at the new class I've just had put on there that's taken the place off my Study Hall slot.

I stand, as does Dr Green. Raising my hand, I sign, "Thank you for your time, Dr Green."

He watches my hands, reading my fingers. A smile spreads across his face. "No worries, Miss Sang. I'll see you on Monday."

I nod my head, sending him a thankful smile. Then my eyes move over to Mr Blackbourne. My shoulders go back and my spine straightens when I realise his eyes are already on me. "Miss Sorenson." He says with a polite nod.

I politely nod back before turning and going for the door. I twist the handle and pull the door open, stepping back when I find a male standing on the other side. Something about him immediately makes me feel uncomfortable and I find myself stepping back, almost bumping into Dr Green. His sly eyes observe me but I drop my head and look down at his scuffed shoes. "You must be the mute."

I suck in a sharpe breath, my face flying up and locking on to his face. "Mr McCoy, that's a little rude, don't you think?"

I send Dr Green a thankful smile. From the corner off my eye I see Mr Blackbourne stand from his seat, coming our way. "Well, I was only telling the truth." Mr McCoy scoffs, the palm of his hand going down his suit jacket as if that will iron out the wrinkles. "Are you done here? I wish to talk with Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green."

I nod my head frantically. When he doesn't step out the way for me to get by, Dr Green speaks for me. "Excuse us, Mr McCoy. I'm going to show Miss Sang here the way out."

The teacher rolls his eyes but steps out the way. I quickly move by him, Dr Green on my heels. When we make it to the main reception area, I let out a relieved breath I hadn't even realised I was holding. I haven't ever felt a vibe like that from a teacher before; uncomfortable, aware and like I need to stay as far away from him as I can.

"Are you okay?" I move my wide eyes to Dr Green. I nod my head in reply. "What he said, ignore it. He shouldn't have spoken to you like that."

I wave my hand, dismissing him. It's not like I haven't heard it before; I have plenty of times throughout the years. It just startled me as it was the first thing Mr McCoy had said to me without even asking my name. Not like I could have told him it anyway.

"Okay, well if you need me at all, you have my details." I nod my head, give a small wave with my fingers and then I'm finding my way out of the school. I check my phone as I walk, seeing I have a text from Dad saying that he won't be home until the weekend. It's nothing new.

Pocketing it back into my bag, I make my way outside. Two boys, one wearing a red t-shirt and jeans with copper hair and the other with neatly combed back brown hair, wearing a green shirt tucked into his slacks walks by me and towards a group of boys that are standing around a silver BMW, a BMW I feel I've seen before.

When I see the two boys from earlier on, I remember that these are the boys that were standing a few people behind me in the que when I registered. As I look at each of them, seven to be exact, I can't believe that just by the way they look at how different they are.

Boy one from earlier was dark and dooming, boy two was light and cheerful. That tells me something already. Looking at them together, the way they are talking huddled close together, two in particular boys pushing and shoving each other while laughing, the others either shaking their heads or rolling their eyes at their antics, like they're used to that behaviour.