Chapter Seventy One

Chapter Seventy One
Axel

Sang jumps of North's bike and places a kiss on Brandon's cheek before skipping over to Gabriel, taking her camera from his hands to flick through the pictures. I'm desperate to have a look at them myself, but I'll wait. Instead, I make my way over to Brandon who is watching Sang with an intensity even I feel. He's rubbing at his cheek, where Sang kissed him.

"Why are you rubbing her kiss away?" I ask with a smirk, coming to a stop in front of the bike.

He scowls at me. "I'm not rubbing it. I can just feel her kiss still there," he murmurs, shaking his head. "It's like her lips are still attached to me."

Seeing my grin, his scowl deepens and he climbs of the bike. "Fuck off," he grumbles.

I chuckle and shake my head. "You've got it bad."

An eyebrow raises. "And you haven't?"

"I'll admit I feel something for her, but you look like a person with a problem rubbing at your cheek like that."

Brandon stops rubbing at his cheek, again, and looks down at his feet. "I really like her."

"We all do," I murmur, turning my head and looking over at Sang as she talks quietly with Gabriel, pointing at something on the camera and then waving her hand over towards the trees before. She nods at something he says and then her eyes start flickering around the yard before landing on me.

A slow smile spreads across her face, a blush tinting her cheeks. I wink in her direction, finally cluing on that she was talking about me...because I'm next to have some photos taken with the beautiful bird.

Brandon starts laughing beside me. "And you say I have it bad. You're eyes sparkled so bright just then I wondered if they were made of glitter."

"Ha ha." I look away from Sang and follow Brandon towards the house but before I make it up the porch steps a small hand is wrapping around my wrist and the weirdest sensation is crawling up my arm.

I turn around, tucking some of my hair behind my ear with my free hand as I do. My almond eyes lock with sparkling emerald green ones. "Hey," She says quietly, giving me a small smile.

"Hey back," I tell her, turning around so I can face her full on. I quickly look over her head and spot Gabriel and Victor disappearing into the trees.

Her hand loosens around my wrist, letting me go. But I catch her hand in mine and wrap my fingers gently around hers. She looks down as I shift my fingers to twine with hers and a smile of awe comes across her face before her eyes come back to mine. "You need to come with me."

My eyebrows raise but a grin spreads across my face. I hear Brandon and some others chuckling behind me. "I do?"

"Yes," she says with a nervous laugh. "Now come on."

She tugs on my hand and I step forward, letting her lead me to wherever we're going. Does she not know that my feelings for her are getting so deep, so real, so raw, that I'd follow her anywhere?

xXx

"Honestly," she says after we've been walking for a few minutes through the trees that line the cabins backyard. "I have no idea where we're going." She shrugs her shoulders apologetically as she looks over at me. "Gabriel and Victor did tell me where I needed to go, but I think I missed an important direction."

I chuckle and give her hand a squeeze. "It's fine, Sang. We'll find them." I pause when she nods her head yes and starts looking around her, frowning. It's adorable and I chuckle quietly at her confusion. "How come we're coming out here anyway?" I ask, hoping I hide the amusement I feel from my voice.