Chapter Sixty Six

Capturing Them
Chapter Sixty Six
Sang

The car journey to the cabin is an eventful journey. How you wonder? Well, Gabriel used FaceTime so that I could to stay in contact with him, even though he is only in the car behind me, Victor, Kota, and Nathan. We are in Victor's BMW. Gabriel, Luke, and Marc are in North's jeep, Sean and Owen are in Owen's BMW. Which leaves Axel, Corey and Raven in the Range Rover. North and Brandon are on the bikes, sometimes riding to the side of us, sometimes in front or even behind.

Marc texts Raven, letting him know that they are FaceTiming with us. That then leads to Kota's phone ringing and answering a FaceTime from Raven who then demands Kota gives the phone to me.

So with a phone in each of my hands, I FaceTime with the others. Kota and Nathan lean over the seats and Victor shakes his head with a smile on his face, as if he can't believe that they are actually doing something like this.

Half way through our journey, as we come off of the highway, North and Brandon decide to go in front of us, which makes us slow down to their speed.

"What are they doing?" I ask.

Victor shakes his head. "I have no idea."

We don't have to wait too long to find out. They suddenly take off, speeding off down the long stretch of road. My heart jumps out of my chest when I see how fast they're going. "Ohmygod," I cry, watching in horror as they disappear around a bend, out of view.

Victor hits the gas, not going overly fast, but not going slow either. When we round the corner, we find Brandon and North pulled over at the side of the road waiting for us. But before Victor can pull over, they are once again riding in front of us—at a normal speed thankfully. For the rest of the journey, I wonder whether to be angry with them because they almost gave me a heart attack or be relieved they didn't kill themselves.

By the time we reach the cabin, I'm feeling restless. That changes the moment I lay my eyes on the beautiful, large log cabin, secluded and hidden within the forest. "Oh, wow."

I take in the three story, large house, my eyes taking in the dark wood door, the wrap around porch and the balconies on the other two floors that have double doors that lead out to them. My feet move over the stone path of the driveway and up the steps of the porch.

All you can see is the blue sky that has a few clouds with the sun shining bright, and trees, lots and lots of trees that most likely have been here for years.

"This place is beautiful," I murmur to anyone who can hear me.

"It's something," Kota murmurs, coming up the porch steps with a set of keys in his hand. "Shall we go inside?"

I nod my head eagerly and wait for him to open the door. When he pushes it open, he steps inside and I follow, walking right past him on the dark, oak wood flooring as he disables an alarm.

As soon as you walk through the door there's a large hall with a staircase in the centre. To the left is a set of wood double doors with a swirling design on them. I pull them open and a large family room greets me.

Everything is dark wood from the floors, to the walls, to the ceiling—even the furniture is dark. The sofas are a dark brown with beige cushions for accessories, giving off a small amount of lightness to the dark atmosphere. An open fire sits ready to be lit and at the end of the room is a set of double doors that lead back out onto the porch, giving a fantastic view of the woods behind the cabin. On the walls are several canvas photos; flowers in bloom and trees throughout the seasons.

Leaving the family room, I go across the hall and pull open another set of double doors and find myself in the kitchen. I'm in awe looking around at the polished wood counter, light beige cupboard doors, and an old cottage style sink. An island is in the middle with a stove and oven but set around that is a breakfast bar on three sides. The stalls beneath the counter are made of logs. Another set of double doors lead out to the porch.