Chapter Sixty One

Capturing Them
Chapter Sixty One
Sang

Kota, Raven, Brandon, Victor, Gabriel, Marc, and Silas line up and in that order too. I watch through the lens of my camera—finger ready—as they all start stretching. It's like they're preparing for the olympics.

Mr Blackbourne whistles with his fingers, gaining everyone's attention. "On your marks." The swimmers step up right to the edge. "Get set." The upper halves of their bodies bent forward as they prepare to dive into the depths of the water. "Go."

My fingers presses down on the shutter as they all take the leap into the pool, catching a shot every millisecond. My heart races in anticipation as they move across the pool, their arms coming out of the water with each stroke, their heads turning to the side every couple of strokes to bring air into their lungs. I take pictures, capturing their movements.

As they get closer to my end of the pool, I start moving back, making sure I'm able to capture it all in photos, my camera working frantically thanks to a click of a button.

One by one, they reach the end. Their hands slap onto the edge of the pool and they heave themselves out. My camera captures their movements; their muscles rippling, the water dripping and sliding down their bodies. My mouth dries at the sight.

Raven is the first to emerge, followed by Silas, Brandon and Kota. Marc emerges from the water, followed closely behind by Victor and Gabriel.

"I knew I was going to loose against you assholes," Gabriel mumbles as he comes over to me, a pout on his lips. "I can't cook anyway. So really, I'm saving the fucking kitchen."

I laugh and shake my head. "We'll do something together soon."

"Don't forget us," Marc says with a grin, pushing some hair back from his forehead.

"Of course," I reply immediately.

"The races aren't over yet though," Kota says, looking towards the other end of the pool. "Still a few more rounds to go."

I grin and focus on where the other boys stand, ready to go. Corey, Luke, North, Axel, Mr Blackbourne, Dr Green, and Nathan lineup and take position. Raven has already rounded the pool to where they stand, ready to do the countdown.

The second Raven says go, the seven boys are diving into the depths of the water. Just like before, strong arms emerge, pushing them down the length of the pool. I've captured every second on my camera, never missing a beat. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

The first four to emerge are Mr Blackbourne, Axel, Nathan and Corey. North, Dr Green, and Luke follow shortly thereafter.

My heart races in my chest as the first eight between the two rounds go back to the other end of the pool.

"Who do you think will place in this stop four?" Dr Green asks, standing at my side dripping wet.

His curls are pushed back away from his face, letting me see it clearly for the first time. I take note of his pale skin apart from the redness in his cheeks, blonde eyebrows, and long blonde, but wet eyelashes. His green eyes look striking, bright and wide with his hair pushed away from his face like this and I try to imagine him with his hair shorter.

However, I like his curls.

It doesn't stop me from snapping a quick picture of him. Because I do it unexpectedly, he asks to see it and frowned with displeasure and asks for me to take another one. This time he's smiling wide and my heart flutters in my chest at the wonderful sight.

"Hey, North. Take a picture of us will ya?" Dr Green asks, gently taking my camera from my hands and handing it over to North who grins and steps away.

Dr Green's arm comes around my shoulders and he pulls me into him, his bare warm skin pressing against my own. "Hey, Pookie?"

I look up at him, a small smile on my lips. "Yeah?"

Looking down at me with his own smile he says, "I'm not very good at jokes, but I'm going to give it my best shot alright?" I grin and nod my head, wondering why he's telling me a joke right now when we're about to have our picture taken.

My arm slips around his back slowly and his eyes soften, lips parting with the movement. My other hand moves and presses onto his stomach, over the definition of his abs. "Tell me," I whisper, loving the feel of him in my arm and against my palm.

"Did you hear about the guys that stole the calendar?" He asks, his green eyes now full with his amusement and laughter.

"No, I didn't," I whisper.

"Well, they only got six months each."

I blink. And then blink again. Then suddenly, I'm throwing my head back onto his arm and laughing because it's so ridiculous. I shake my head and focus my eyes on North, my smile wide. "I think that's the stupidest thing I have ever heard." I tell him once North drops the camera and heads back my way.

I take it from him with a smile of thanks and look back to Dr Green. "I wanted you to laugh," he says. "Make sure you email me that photo." He winks and strolls off around the pool with Marc on his heels.

"Did you get a good one?" I ask North, quickly bringing up the image.

"There's more," he whispers in my ear, pressing a kiss to the side of my neck before strolling a few feet away, giving me a moment to myself.

I stare down at the photo. Both of us—me and Dr Green—are smiling wide at the camera. North said there is more so I press the button that will take me to the one before. I haven't moved, but Dr Green is looking at me with a small smile on his face, similar to the one of me, Corey, and Raven. I press the same button again and move to the next.

My heart reacted to the other two photos, however, this time my heart flutters, stutters and skips several beats. We're looking at each other, my body relaxed in his embrace and his relaxed in mine. His hair is still pushed back and mine is matted and wet, clinging together on the top of my head. But somehow, this picture. It's...beautiful.

Its...us.

"Hey Gabriel?" I call as an idea pops into my head. He looks over at me, says something to Victor and then comes over.

"What's up, Trouble?" I don't say a word as I show him the picture. His eyebrows go up momentarily and a slow smile spreads across his handsome face. His blue eyes sparkle as they come up to mine. "What is it you're trying to tell me?" His head tilts to the side. "Or ask me?"

Before I can overthink what I now want to do but unsure on how they'll react, I ask, "Do you think they'll—you'll—be opposed to a photo shoot?" A grin starts to spread across his face. "With me?"

"When?"

"Over the weekend?" A thoughtful looks passed over his face and he nods his head. Before he can say anything though I add, "I've never modelled before."

"Don't worry, Trouble. Neither have we." He nods his head towards the other end of the pool where the guys have lined up. "But I'm sure these pictures will turn out perfect."