Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five
Sang

My spine straightens and my muscles tense when I see the gun in the hand of a big, burly, tattooed guy. It's silver and he holds it in his hand with so much confidence, it feels like the gun is an extension of his arm.

My eyes move up his arm, tracing the lines and colors that mark his tanned skin. The ink disappears under the arm of his t-shirt, his bicep bulging under the stretched marterial. My eyes move up and to his face and I blink, because the softness in his eyes as he looks down at me doesn't match what I expected or imagined when I saw the gun in his hand.

The bigger surprise is the way my whole body becomes aware of him, much like it does when my boys are around, or close by. I realise he's looking at me, staring more like. I look to Dr Green just as he says, "Put the gun away, Raven."

Raven, the tattooed giant, moves his eyes from me and looks Dr Green up and down. "What the shit are you wearing?" His voice has an accent, one I can't place.

"Axel and Marc are expecting us," Dr Green says, ignoring his question. "The others will be here over the next hour."

"Best let you in then," Raven mutters. He steps out the way and holds the door open for us, waving the hand that still holds the gun. Dr Green pulls me in behind him. "You have pups here to see you, Ax."

Pups? I shake my head and let Dr Green pull me inside. He shakes his head as we go by Raven and although I try hard not to look at him, I can't help but look at his face. His eyes are soft as he looks down at me, but there's something else swirling in the chocolate brown depths; confusion, I think. Maybe. I'm not sure.

He steps towards me, just a few inches. He's so close I can feel the warmth coming from him. The move is unexpected, yet I don't find myself stepping away. I move by him, keeping my back to the wall. When I'm past, I face Dr Green's back but the weight of chocolate, confused eyes weighs heavy on me.

I shake off the feeling as we walk into a family room. Someone sits on the sofa, leaning over the coffee table. He looks up, and mismatched eyes lock onto mine; a blue one and a green one, both striking. I itch to take a photo of something that's rare. It's not often you see people with different colour eyes, and the few I've come across are just simple dark brown paired with hazel. Or, a pale blue with a pale grey.

But never striking blue and green.

He stands up, brushing his hands down his jeans. "Hey, you got here okay?" He asks.

Dr Green nods, pulling the keys to the car out of his pocket and chucking them at him. The stranger catches them in the palm of his hand. "Yeah. The others will be here soon," he responds and looks around. "Where's Axel?"

"I'm here." A different voice says from behind me, and I spin around, my eyes landing on a khaki green, button down shirt. My eyes follow the buttons until I'm looking at a strong jaw. I keep going up until I found his eyes. Almond shape, dark eyes framed with black rimmed glasses stare back at me. My lips part as he pushes some long black hair from his face, tucking it behind his ear.

I look away, unable to handle all this male beauty going on around me. It's...I don't know what it is, but it's making me feel things and think things, and...I don't know.

"Sang, this is Axel and that is Marc." Dr Green points towards the boy with mismatched eyes. He and Raven must only be a couple of years older then me, close to Dr Green's age, but Axel has to be a little older than Dr Green and Mr Blackbourne. He doesn't have an ounce of boy in him. He's all man.

A hand is held out in front of me, and I look up and straight into the curious blue and green eyes of Marc. "Pleasure to meet you, Sang. Would you like a coffee? I make the best coffee in town."