Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
•Silas•

She blinks at me and presses her lips into a thin line. I know she isn't going to answer my question as I know she doesn't speak, but I don't want to let on that I know. I mean, how would a stranger like myself know that this beautiful angel doesn't speak?

When the topic of the student that doesn't speak came up the day before registration followed by a kind request from Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green asking if we could keep an eye on the girl, I wasn't sure what to think. Sure, she's the most vulnerable girl in this school as she doesn't have a voice to help defend herself but what were we really supposed to do.

Then I saw her at registration and this feeling off needing to protect her came over me and now I've made it my mission to do so, even if I was the one bumping into her and almost causing her to fall back and onto her ass. Instead of protecting her I almost harmed her, accidental or not.

I had to use the big boys room and that was where I was coming from. I was just washing my hands when I got a text from Gabriel saying that she was in the courtyard. I just had to see her.

Now, not only have I seen her but I've also had my arm wrapped around her. Seventeen or not, I know when someone fits perfectly in my arm and she does. Normally that thought would scare any other seventeen year old off, running as far away as they can go but I'm not any other seventeen year old.

I'm mature for my age and have been for a few years now. Every now and then I like to be childish but I think that's Luke and Gabe rubbing off on me. Hell, even North and Kota let loose every now and then, it's a part off life, a part of being a teenager but for the most part I'm mature.

Until my mind turns dirty, showing all the Greek male in me. I won't even think about what other things happened to my body when I had her in my arms for that short minute, but what I noticed the most was my heart pounding in my chest; so loudly the thump thump was ringing in my ears and I even considered if she could hear it also.

I come back to the here and now, watching as Sang nervously readjusts the strap of her bag on her shoulder. She nods her head and gives me a weak smile, a silent answer to the question I had asked. I step out of the way of the door, when really what I want to do is scoop her back into my arms.

With one more weak smile that doesn't reach her eyes, she goes past me and I watch as she moves through the crowd of the cafeteria before disappearing out the doors. I look towards my brothers and nod my head. North is immediately on his feet and pushing Luke out of his away before coming over to me. "I didn't mean to bump into her." I immediately tell him.

"You apologized, right?"

I scoff. "Of course I did, especially when I realized who it was." We walk into the cafeteria and through the spaces, trying to catch up with Sang yet be discreet about it.

"Good." He grunts. "She was taking pictures again."

I frown. When we had saw her taking pictures of us at registration; we immediately reported it to Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green. We're not sure if we should be worried about that or not. Mr Blackbourne told us to just be natural and to not react for now until we find out the reason as to why she was taking them. "Did she get some of you and the others again?"

He shakes his head. "I don't think so. We have a theory that she's a people watcher and that's where the camera comes into all of this."

"Do you think she's been sheltered?" I ask.

Another shake of his head as we catch sight of Sang moving down the corridor. "No I don't think so. I can't wait until Vic is able to do some research on her later, hopefully it will answer some questions."