Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty
Sang

The street is empty, and I'm confused. The concrete is cold beneath my bare feet and I have to wrap my arms around myself to try and protect myself from the cold. I ache in my chest and I raise my hand there, trying to push the achy pain away.

"Everyone leaves." I spin around. A man in a mask stands there holding a gun. "Everyone always leaves."

I shake my head. "No, they don't."

He jerks his head at something behind me. "Watch."

I spin back around and standing before me are my nine guys, plus Axel, Marc, Raven, Brandon and Corey. They stare at me with emotionless faces. I don't understand why. "What's going on?" I whisper.

"Everyone leaves," The man says right into my ear. "Even them."

I shake my head. "They don't. They won't."

The fear starts consuming me, my legs threaten to buckle underneath me. Agony rips through my chest. My head spins. Where am I? "They won't leave me," I whisper.

I'm proven wrong when Victor turns his back to me and starts walking down the endless street. Kota and Gabriel are next. My knees wobble and a cry leaves my lips. "They can't leave," I murmur.

"But they will," The man whispers as Silas and Raven turn their backs to me and walk away. "They're walking away, leaving you all alone."

The twins, Corey and Brandon, are next to go. The pain in my chest intensifies and I fall to my knees, the small stone on the surface of the concrete digging in my sensitive flesh. Sean, North, and Marc follow a few seconds later, and a cry rips free from my throat, making it raw.

"Please don't leave me." My nails dig into the concrete, the pain ripping through the tips of my fingers is nothing compared to the pain in my chest.

"Sang, Darling." The new voice startles me and I turn my head. My eyes lock onto the mirror of my own, and a breath escapes me. She's kneeling down at my side, here with me, wherever here is.

"Mom?" She nods her head, and gives me a small smile. I let out a small cry and wrap my arms around her. "Oh, Mom."

"I'm here baby. I'm always here."

She holds me tight and I hold her just as tightly. My heart settles into a nice rhythm as a slow flow of tears continue to leak from my eyes. "How?" I ask, pulling away to look at her. Her hair is resting at her shoulders. She's wearing a white nightgown that pools on the ground around her legs.

"It's your dream baby. You're the one who brought me here." I shake my head, confused. "You're scared, Sang, and you're letting that fear take over your life." She turns her head and I follow her line sight.

The boys that had started walking away are now coming back. The tightness in my chest starts to ease. "Everyone leaves," I whisper, repeating what the man in the mask said.

"No, they don't, you just think they do because I did." We turn back to each other, looking into each other's emerald green eyes. "Baby, I died. I didn't leave you by choice. It was beyond my control. It's a part of life, unfortunately. If I could've, I would've stayed. Maybe then you wouldn't be so closed off. Your father didn't help though."

"Don't blame dad."

"Oh no, I will. Sometimes, your dad's heart is in the right place, and sometimes it's not. He was grief stricken, but while lost in his grief, he forgot about the little girl he held in his arms, and named minutes after she was born," She says, her voice a melody to my ears, exactly how I remembered it. "Who was also struck with grief at such a young age, and had no idea how to handle such a feeling. FInally, you did something I never ever wanted you to do; shut people out."