Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
•Gabriel•

Her hair. Chameleon. It's the only way to describe it. It's different colors all round; the shitty lights in this room actually doing a good job and making something look beautiful. I want to see her hair in the sunlight; I want to see it shine and all those colors as the sun reflects on it.

Those glasses though; fucking hideous. But she makes them looks amazing. I want to see them gone though; I want to see her eyes.

I want to see her.

Her note, it burns a hole in my pocket and all I want to do it take it out and look at it again. She drew a heart after the first initial on her name; that means something to me. It means more then it should.

I look at her again; I can't stop doing it. It's like she's become the light in my fucking darkness; I'm drawn to her like a moth to a fucking flame. I'm also pissed that Luke touched her hair; I claimed that hair the moment I fucking saw it on registration day and I don't want any fucker touching it.

Those clothes, they're fucking hideous. Baggy and horrible, doing nothing to the figure I just know is beneath them. I'm going to have to take her shopping. I just have to.

She raises her eyes from her notebook and meet mine. They're green, a beautiful brilliant green, grass green. The kind of grass you see in a meadow on a summer day while the sun shines on it.

She gives me a tight lipped it smile; it's forced, faked, barely showing any emotion. I know though; she's being noticed and she doesn't like it. She hides, that's why she has the glasses and wears the baggy clothes; why her hair was falling around her face. She was hiding.

I don't want her to hide.

I want her to stand out like the sun; I want her to show her best smile, a smile that means something. I want her to take those stupid fucking glasses off and stamp on the fuckers. Who the hell invented fake fucking glasses? Ever find him, let me know. I'm going to shoot his dumb ass.

"Do you like shopping?" I blurt out in a whisper, not wanting to disturb those who are actually working. Actually, I don't want to disturb Kota because I know he's listening, paying attention. He has to because when we get homework, one of us needs to know the details of the assignment. He listens, he pays attention.

I do too, normally. But when you have a beautiful girl sitting beside you, who would you rather fucking pay attention to?

Sang frowns and shakes her head at the same time she shrugs her shoulders. Is that a yes or no? I wish that I had made the effort to learn sign language while Kota was teaching Luke that time years back; it would be really helpful right now.

"Hmm." I muse but say nothing. She drops her eyes from my face back to her notepad; she's drawing, but I can't see what. I want to see though so I lean in a little closer and look; a forest of roses cover the page and I picture the colors in my head; red, and pink.  The green leaves and vines the same color of her eyes.

The bell rings and I actually jump in my seat. "Motherfucker." I mutter. Sang goes to snap her notepad shut, but I put my palm on the page she was drawing on. My eyes meet hers and I blindly rip the page from her book, folding it up and slipping it into the pocket of my jeans. I grin at the shocked wide eyed look on her face. "Thanks Trouble."

She blushes and ducks her head down as she finally puts her notebook away. Together, Sang, Kota, Luke and myself walk out of the classroom. "What class do you have next, Sang?" Kota asks.

Sang removes a piece of paper out of her bag and gives it to Kota. He smiles. "You have AP Geometry with North and Nathan." He looks to Luke. "Your walking that way so why don't you walk with her."