Chapter Forty Eight

Capturing Them
Chapter Forty Eight
Brandon

I need a zip on my lips and a lock to go with it. What the fuck am I saying? Although it's all true, I shouldn't be saying it. Not while I'm with Kayli.

I try to ignore how perfect Sang feels in my arms as I carry her toward the house. I'm unsure on what started her panic attack And yet, a part of me knows, somewhere deep down inside. She's becoming attached to us; enjoying our company, the stupid banter between some members of our groups. And honestly, I'm becoming attached to her too.

I like watching her smile, laughing at something that's been said or has witnessed between my brothers and the Blackbourne team. I like watching her get lost in taking her photos and then sitting at her laptop and editing them. I just like everything about her. Is that so wrong?

The door to the house opens and Corey looks at Sang in my arms with concern. "Everything okay?" he asks.

"Yeah," I reply with a nod of my head. "She had a panic attack." When his eyes blossom with questions, I shake my head and silently convey that I'll fill him in later.

Corey makes room for me to step into the house and I go straight for the family room, gently placing Sang on the couch. She lays down and throws her arm over her face, covering those pretty, green eyes from my sight. Corey leaves the room, just as I hear heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Short Stuff, you alright?" I ask again. I need to make sure that she's okay. Maybe I should call Dr Green.

She nods her head and shifts her arm so I can see those pretty, green eyes. "I'm fine. I just...I don't know what happened," she whispers. "Thank you, Brandon."

"You don't need to thank me," I murmur as Corey comes back into the room with a glass of water in his hand. Marc, Axel, and Raven are close on his heels.

"What happened?" Raven asks, gazing down at Sang with deep concern.

Sitting up, Sang takes the water Corey offers her and takes slow sips. I move to sit at her side, allowing instinct to take over when I wrap my arm around her shoulders. "She had a panic attack," I tell them, sharing the same look with them that I shared with Corey moments before—the 'I'll tell you the full story later' kind of look.

Placing her glass on the coffee table Sang says, "I'm good. I'll be back in a moment." Standing up, she quickly leaves the room and we all watch her go.

When my brothers look at me with raised eyebrows, I sigh and quickly fill them in on what happened. Although, I'm not entirely sure myself of what happened. One minute she's asking questions about my 'sad' eyes and Kayli, and the next she was gasping for breath. Something sent her into a panic, and I think I know what it might have been, but I can't let myself think about that right now. I need to sit down, and get lost in my thoughts by myself.

"I'll talk to her later, see if she opens up to me about what could have brought this all on," Axel says.

I nod my head. "That's fine, just don't push her, yeah?"

"I won't," Axel says. "While we are all here again and alone; I've just arranged for us to meet with Kayli on Friday."

My heart kind of stops and then starts back up. It's actually happening. We're actually going to end things with Kayli. I let out a breath. "And she agreed?"

"She did," Axel confirms.

"This is it, guys. We're actually doing it," Marc murmurs, staring at the wall with a deep frown between his eyes.

Raven says nothing as he turns and leaves the room. A few seconds later I hear him clattering around in the kitchen. Corey gives us a small smile before following him, no doubt making sure he's alright. "I'm going to go and check on Sang," I mutter.

I leave the family room and lift my head as I reach the stairs, only to come to a sudden halt when I find Sang sitting on the steps half way down. Her green eyes move over me, from the tips of my shoes to my eyes; it's a slow, torturous movement. When she meets my eye, she licks her lips and says, "I didn't mean to listen in...I just..." she trails off and looks down at her hands that rest in her lap.

My shoulders sag and I slowly make my way up the stairs. She shifts over so I can sit down beside her. With my long legs, my feet rest a step down from where her feet are, and our knees keep brushing. "We're ending things with Kayli," I admit quietly.

I watch her face as my words register; she frowns first, then her eyes widen and her mouth drops open with shock. A few seconds later, her mouth closes as a hopeful emotion comes upon her face, shining in her eyes. She quickly pushes it aside though, asking, "Why?"

"A few different reasons," I tell her. "Why did you have your panic attack, Short Stuff? Something brought that on."

"I don't know if I should tell you," she whispers, eyes wide.

My eyes can't look away from hers. "I want you to tell me."

Her lips part and I see her tongue moving through the small gap, like she's getting her tongue ready for the words she needs to say. Before she has a chance to do so though, the fucking doorbell rings. "Fuck," I mutter, shaking my head.

Sang smiles at me softly. "It's just the security company guy." She stands up and goes down the stairs, coming to a stop as she reaches the bottom. "Brandon?"

"Yeah?"

Green eyes shine with her hesitance before she says, "I hope one day your eyes are happy, that you feel happy. I want you to be happy."

"One day, Short Stuff," I promise.

She grins and nods her head. "I hope that 'one day' is sooner rather than later." With one more smile just for me, she leaves me to answer the door.

Sitting back on the stairs, I look up at the ceiling and smile. Such a beautiful, caring girl. A breath of fresh air. That's what she is.