Chapter Fifty Nine

Capturing Them
Chapter Fifty Nine
Owen

I sit on the side of the pool watching my brothers and the Toma team take turns snagging Sang. No one is glaring at each other, no one is arguing about who is having her for the longest; they're just...being. They're enjoying the seconds—minutes, if they're lucky—they have with her before she's snagged by someone else.

They're making it work without even trying, without even realising. When did we fall into this routine? Not even a week ago Sang met the Toma Team and she's took them into her life with open arms and a huge heart. Over these past few days, we've all picked up some kind of routine...or maybe it's her, forcing us all into one without any of us realizing it.

"Owen, what is going through your head?" Axel asks as he pushes himself up from the water and sits on the edge of the pool at my side.

"On Saturday when I saw the way you and your team were looking at Miss Sorensen, I thought ugly and nasty things. I thought and wondered off all the things I could do to keep you all away from her," I admit.

Axel chuckles. "I know. I saw it in your eyes." Axel looks over at me, a smile upon his face. "Your a blank mask most of the time Owen Blackbourne, but when it comes to that girl you're like an open book."

I'm not sure if that pleases me or not. I ignore him and continue on. "I worried. I saw the immediate connection she has with all of you—it's the same one she has with us. It took her longer to open up to us, but that connection was always there. And I worried, because I did not know what this would mean for her because of Miss Winchester."

"Kayli is out of the picture now. There is no longer an 'us' when it comes to Kayli."

"I know that she ended the relationship with you, but what I need to know is what made you realize that you needed to end the relationship with her?" I ask, my voice tight, demanding for an answer.

Axel is silent and I watch his face, waiting for him to answer my question as he watches the girl I'm falling in love with bounce from one set of arms to the other.

"Things with Kayli had been spiralling for awhile now. We clung on to her, because we didn't want to let her go." His eyes raise to meet mine. "We had no reason to leave. But then, this girl came walking into my apartment, someone completely unexpected. That connection, I felt that too. I was drawn to her from day one and that pull hasn't faded since meeting her."

He pauses, bringing in a deep breath and I wait. "I'm not the only one either. That quickly became clear. Sang is different, she's special, she's accepting, yet she can be opinionated. She's stronger then she gives herself credit for and braver than any of us will ever be. She was shot for goodness sake and not an ounce of fear has consumed her." His eyes come back to mine. "I don't want it to seem like we are replacing Kayli with Sang. That's not what this is at all. We like Sang for who she is, not for what we couldn't find in Kayli."

I search his face, using years of training to find any indication that this could be a lie, but he's being sincere and I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt Sang. "What do we do?" I ask him. I focus back on our brothers. Victor has Sang on his back, a huge smile upon her face as she watches Corey and Brandon do handstands. "It's happening, and it's happening right in front of our eyes."

"We don't do anything, we just let it happen," Axel says. "We should talk to the guys though, make sure that they're all on board with all of us being with Sang...if that's what she wants, of course."

"It's what she wants," I tell him, remembering what she told me at the beginning of week. "Miss Sorensen has already started falling." I nod my head to where Sang is now being held in North's arms, Raven right next to them as Sang pats Raven's cheek over something he most likely said. "I haven't heard Mr Taylor and Mr Ravenstahl argue for days."