Chapter Sixty Three

Dedicated too bekabooks98  and AmberKrisowaty . They issued me a challenge and I accepted. I hope it is what you imagined.

Capturing Them
Chapter Sixty Three
Sang

Gabriel leads me out of the bathroom holding my hand, our fingers linked together and palms touching. No one batted an eye at it, like us holding hands was the most natural thing to happen. It's like how Gabriel saw me kissing Luke, it didn't bother him. It was the same when I kissed Silas in the courtyard at school and when Raven caught me and North not long ago.

"Stop worrying, Trouble," Gabriel whispers in my ear. "Just let every-fucking-thing fall into place."

I meet his baby blue eyes and nod my head. "Okay, Meanie." I press a kiss to his cheek—which he grins at—and let him lead me outside. The smell of the grill hits me and I smile. I've never been to a barbecue, or even witnessed one, but I've smelled plenty through the years, especially on a hot summer day.

"Come over here, Little Bird. Watch me get you a burger ready," Raven calls from where he stands at the table, Corey at his side. Both have paper plates in their hands but Raven is holding two, both with burger buns already laid on it.

I look to Gabriel and he releases my hand, letting me go over to Raven and Corey without arguments or any kind of protest. When I reach Raven's side I ask, "Why are you making my burger? Can't I make it myself?"

"No, no, Little Bird, there's a special way to do it."

I peak around him to look at Corey, raising an eyebrow and he just grins with a shrug of his shoulders. I feel a presence at my back, inhaling deeply I catch the scents of the food laid out around me but within it the heavenly scent of musk. North must be behind me.

Using some tongs, Raven picks up a leaf of lettuce, placing it gently on one of the buns before going back in for another. "This lovely piece of leaf is the hair, not very long, but the edges are crinkled and wrinkled, making it look curly."

I can only stare at him, most likely with an expression that says 'have you lost your mind?'

Next he picks up a burger for each of the buns, placing them gently over the leaves of lettuce. "The juicing burgers is a sweet chubby face."

A sound leaves me, one that is between a snort and a laugh. I feel North shaking with laughter from behind me—he's that close. I look at Corey and find that his chin is to his chest, most likely hiding his smile. Looking around, I see that Raven has caught everyone's attention with his demonstration.

"Tomatoes for wide beautiful eyes," Raven adds, using some tongs to place two pieces of tomatoes on each of the burgers. "And a piece of orange pepper for kissable lips."

"Raven?" I ask quietly.

His dark eyes move from the masterpieces he's creating and settle on my face. "Yes, Little Bird?"

"What are you doing?"

"Making your burger, of course," he says, shaking his head. Putting down the tongues, he picks up the bottle of ketchup. "Well, I say burger but what it really is, is a surprise."

I push to my tiptoes and watch with amusement, awe, and amazement as he draws a heart with the sauce in the centre where there is only burger; above the pepper lips and tomato eyes.

"These are the cheeks," he looks at me and grins, "blushing, just like you do."

My cheeks actually heat and I shake my head at him, wondering why he went through all of that for a burger. I watch as he puts the ketchup back on the table and puts the top part of the bun on top of the burger, sauce, eyes and mouth. He offers the plate to me and I take it from him, my eyes locked firmly on the burger.