Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty
Sang

Luke places the last box in the corner of the spare room. In that box is their photo album that I sneaked in when no one was looking. My desk has been moved in here too, along with my bed that I've just left in pieces, insisting I'll sleep on the couch. Luke said he and Gabriel had sleeping bags at Nathan's house they could sleep on.

"That's it," Luke says, wiping his hands on his jeans.

Hands come on my hips and I startle, turning around to find Silas behind me. He drops his hands, and I immediately feel the loss. "He's right, Aggele. We're all done."

I nod my head and rub at my eye. "What's happening now?" I ask.

"We're all going to leave, but Mr Taylor and Mr Coleman," Mr Blackbourne says, entering the room. He had rolled his sleeves up while helping to move everything, and now he's rolling them down, securing the ends with cuff links. "The Toma team will return in the morning to start on the attic conversion."

"Actually, I think Gabe is going to run to Nate's and get the sleeping bags for us," Luke says.

"Very well," Mr Blackbourne nods his head and focuses his eyes on me. "We'll make sure our mess is tidied up before we leave."

"It's fine, I can do that," I insist. They've done enough already.

"It's our mess, Miss Sorenson." His tone of voice tells me not to argue. He leaves the room as quickly as he came.

"He's right, Aggele. I'll go give Mr B, and the others a hand." Silas sends me a grin before promptly leaving the room.

"C'mon, Cupcake." Luke takes my hand in his and we exit the spare room. I turn the light off and shut the door. Stopping at my room, I find that it's empty. Everyone must have gone back downstairs.

My eyes dart around the walls, to the carpet, and then back to the walls. "Think we'll have time to paint it before my father returns?"

"With all of us, yeah. We'll get this done in a couple of days; the attic should be done in three," Luke says.

"Would someone be able to take me to get some paint?" I ask.

"I'm sure we can work something out," he smiles and tugs on my hand to go down stairs.

I follow after him. In the kitchen, I find that the trash has been taken out, and the dishes have been washed, dried, and packed away. The floor has been swept, and the small dining room table has been moved back.

"Wow, you guys work fast," I muse, smiling at the thirteen guys that stand before me. "Thank you."

"No problem," Kota says. He looks to Victor. "Ready?"

Victor nods his head and comes over to give me a hug. All the affection I'm receiving from them is new, but it's also addicting. I can't get enough. When he pulls away, he flashes me a smile. "See you in the morning, Princess."

"Night Victor," I whisper. Kota gives me a quick hug and tells me goodnight. I watch them leave, closing the front door softly behind them.

North pulls his keys from his pocket. "We best get going too," he says, looking to Silas, Corey, and Brandon.

Corey picks up his bag and pulls it onto his shoulder. "C'ya later, Sang."

"Bye, Corey."

"Sleep well, Short Stuff," Brandon winks at me before following his brother. I shake my head at the nickname.

Silas and North both give me a hug. Just as they're walking out the door, Raven shouts, "What about me, East?"

"Go fuck yourself, Parrot," North shouts, causing me to giggle.