Chapter Fifty Four - Christmas Special

A/N: if you're in the Facebook Academy Fan-fiction group then you would know that I really wanted to write a Christmas chapter for this story. I just didn't know how to write it though. Do I write it as a dream? Do I write it as a flash-forward into the future? In the end, I decided to do it as a dream. This is what I'm hoping to be at when Christmas comes around in the story. Which, could be a long way of. Anyway, Enjoy and Merry Christmas to each and every single one of you!

Christmas songs to listen to while reading this (this is what I listened to on repeat while writing this chapter): Glee - Do They Know It's Christmas and Glee - Merry Little Christmas. I'm a huge Glee fan. :D

Capturing Them
Chapter 54
Christmas Special
Sang

Walking through the house, I eye the tinsel and fairy lights with a smile. It's Christmas and I haven't been in a house this decorated since Mom was alive. After she died, Christmas didn't seem all that important to me or Dad anymore.

Going into the family room, I'm greeted with fourteen smiling faces, all dressed in different Christmas jumpers. "Merry Christmas," I say with a smile.

Corey and Raven come over to me, sandwiching me between them. I giggle when they each place a kiss each on my cheeks. "Merry Christmas," they say in unison.

The familiar click of a camera reaches my ears and I look up to find Gabriel with a camera in his hands, snapping pictures at us. He loves taking pictures just as much as I do. It's something we enjoy doing together.

I'm released from the embrace and one by one, I'm wished a Merry Christmas with a kiss on the cheek from each of the guys. When I'm done, I look to the tree and a bubble of excitement travels through me at the sight of all the presents beneath it. "Can we open them?" I ask.

"Not yet," Axel says. "There's somewhere we need to go first."

"Oh, where are we going?"

Taking my hand in his, Kota leads me from the room. "You'll see."

xXx

Mr Blackbourne brings his car to a stop outside of a building on the outskirts of Charleston. The thing that immediately grabs my attention is the long line of people waiting at the door. It's how they look and what they're wearing that makes my heart constrict in my chest. "The homeless shelter?" I ask.

"Soup kitchen," Mr Blackbourne corrects. "It's the only one that's open on Christmas Day." Looking over at me he adds. "We offer our services to help out. The Taylor's Uncle also cooks up a lot of food to be served here. Every year we do this to remind ourselves that for some, life isn't always what it seems."

"We also go around to the charity shops throughout the year," Marc says from the backseat and I turn so I can look at him. "We collect clothes in all sizes, for adults and children. Blankets and sheets to keep them warm. Even toys for the young children."

Tears prick at my eyes. "You all have such huge hearts."

"C'mon, Peanut," Nathan says.

We get out of the car and all eyes turn on us. Behind us, the other guys pile out their cars. North reaches me and takes my hand in his, leading me towards the door. I can't help but look at all the faces as we go by them. Each person I see has my heart constricting painfully. I can't imagine what it's like to live like this.

Once we make it inside, my eyes dart everywhere; seeing all the tables, a Christmas tree in the corner with gifts piling high at the side and some smaller ones underneath. The smell of turkey and ginger biscuits assaults my nose.