Chapter Sixty Two

Capturing Them
Chapter Sixty Two
Sang

Axel, Mr Blackbourne, Brandon, and Kota made it into the top four of the second round. Of course, I captured everything on my camera; as they dived into the depths of the pool, as they swam the length of it, and as they emerged dripping wet.

My heart races as I watch the four of them swim back towards me. They've barely had a few minutes break and I can't imagine how tired they must feel. Right now, Axel and Mr Blackbourne are neck and neck, Kota and Brandon literally right behind them.

I suck in breath, all of a sudden feeling like this isn't a great idea. They don't need to have races and competitions to have my attention, or to help me cook—they always had it. They've come crashing into my world so unexpectedly, turning it back onto its axis. Making me have a reason to smile and laugh again. Capturing my heart and soul without my knowledge.

Mr Blackbourne and Axel emerge from the water and I quickly pull myself out of my thoughts and capture their movements with the thing I've always hid behind; my camera. It's then I realize I don't need to hide, not with them, not with anyone. Now, I have so much strength, so many people—guys—holding me up when I feel as if I have nothing.

When Kota and Brandon emerge from the depths of the pool, I take photos of that too before dropping my camera at my side, still clutched in my hand.

"Looks like you two are in for the head to head battle," Brandon says, pushing his dirty blonde hair back.

Before anyone can say anything else I shake my head and quickly say "No," surprising them all. All eyes focus on me, all so different, yet all giving me the same expression. "It's been fun watching you race," I say with a small smile. "But let's all just get dinner ready together." I pause and suck in a breath. "As a family."

My heart races as I watch them all share looks between them, their eyes bouncing from one person and then to another. When they all start to look back towards me, slow smiles spread across their faces and my heart bursts.

An arm comes around my shoulder and I'm pulled into a hard, warm chest. "You have no idea what those words mean to us, Aggele Mou."

Someone pressed at my back, hands coming onto my hip. I turn my head on Silas chest and look over my shoulder, it's Marc's face that comes swimming into view. "It sounds perfect, Minnie."

I grin and nod my head. "It does, doesn't it?" I pause, lifting my head and looking around at the fourteen guys that surround me. "A family, my family."

xXx

We decide to cook some burgers on the grill. While everyone puts food together and sets up the patio table with salads, sauces, and paper plates I go to the bathroom and change back into my clothes.

Only, when I go into the bathroom where I left my stuff, I find my clothes have been replaced with ones I've never seen before. I pick up the pink tank top that's been laid out and eye it before putting it back down and pick up the denim material of a skirt.

My eyes widen; I can't remember the last time I wore a skirt. It's been years, and the only image I can bring up of me wearing a skirt was before Mom got really sick and was put on bed rest. Mom used to choose my clothes daily; whatever I would wear, she would wear almost the exact same. Yes, we were that mom and daughter combo, but I loved it.

When Mom stopped dressing me, I kept wearing trousers; legging, jeggings, jeans, and even joggers. All my skirts and frilly dresses never came off the hanger after the day it became clear that Mom would never be leaving her bed again.