Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine
North

The door clicking shut echos through the apartment. I feel sick and there's this pain in my chest I rub at. She actually walked away.

Brandon stands up, pulling keys from his pocket. "I'll go catch up with her and take her home. At least we'll know she's home safe."

"Thank you, Mr Henshaw," Mr Blackbourne says, not even looking at him but down at his shoes. Brandon leaves a second later.

"We've just watched her walk away," Gabriel mutters. "For fuck's sake. This is bullshit."

I agree. It is fucking bullshit. It's all fucking bullshit. I'll protect her, we all fucking will. That thought has me pushing off the wall. "Fuck this. I can't let her go," I mutter, walking around the sofa Sang was sitting on with Kota and Brandon.

I pull the door open and slam it shut behind me. I don't go to the elevator, instead I head towards the door that leads me to the stairs. It's seven flights down, and I couldn't give a shit. I'm not letting her fucking walk away, not when I know we can all protect her.

My heart pounds and sweat beads on my forehead as my feet carry me down the stairs in a run. My palm slides down the metal railing easily.

I reach the bottom within a minute and a half, out of breath and feeling like I just ran a marathon, but nothing stops me from pulling that door open and nothing will stop me from getting to Baby.

The sound of a machine gun has me crouching down. Glass shattering causes me to shudder, and I pull open the door, running out. Someone in a black car with tinted windows drives by, the passenger holding a gun and wearing a mask. A blur of blue has me watching Brandon fly into Sang, almost like how she threw herself into Greg the day before.

The car drives off, and I run towards the entrance. The receptionist crouches behind her desk, her hands covering her head. I don't care about her right now, I only have eyes for the girl lying on the floor in the middle of a shit ton of broken and shattered glass. "Jesus fuck, Baby," I bellow.

When I reach them, Sang is just murmuring something about being safe, but that's not what I focus on. My eyes zero in on the blood I can see seeping through her fingers. "Oh, God," I whisper.

Her face is pale and sweat is beading on her forehead. Her lips are quivering, teeth chattering. I crouch down next to them both. "Are you hit?" I ask Brandon.

He shakes his head, blue eyes coming up to my face. "No, I'm good." He looks around. "We have to get her inside. Take her."

I nod my head and manoeuvre my arms under Sang's tiny body. She cries out when I lift, pushing myself to my feet. "Shush, it's okay. I have you now, Baby."

"I'm alright," she croaks, squeezing her eyes shut for just a second before blinking them open. "I'm alright," she repeats.

"Good, Baby, keep those pretty, green eyes open for me, yeah? We're gonna take you to Doc," I say as Brandon tells the receptionist to call the police, and to ask for a detective that's a part of The Academy.

Just as I press the button for the elevator, the doors open and every single person that was in the apartment is squeezed into the small space. Faces pale as they see Sang in my arms, and Doc is immediately rushing to her side. Everyone gives Doc the room he needs, not crowding us as he pulls off his t-shirt and removes Sang's hand, putting the material on top of the wound. "Quick. Let's get her upstairs," he says.

The Toma team stays out of the elevator as we all get inside. Kota presses the floor number and the ride up seems to take forever.

"We heard the shots. Fuck," Nathan whispers, shaking his head.

"Are you hurt?" Doc asks me. I shake my head, telling him that I hadn't even made it out of the stairwell when I first heard them. "Brandon?"

"He's alright," I tell him. "Shit."

"We couldn't keep her safe," Victor whispers.

"Don't fucking start that," Gabriel yells. "We shouldn't have let her walk away."

"We'll keep her safe from now on," Kota tells us all. "We will." I don't know who he's trying to convince; himself or us.

The doors open and we rush into the apartment. I lay Sang onto the sofa as Doc goes into the kitchen, returning seconds later with one of his bags that has everything in it. He leaves those bags anywhere and everywhere.

"Gabe, cut off the hoody and her t-shirt," Doc says, handing Gabriel scissors. He immediately gets to work with shaky hands. I step away, watching as Doc pulls on some gloves.

Once Gabriel has cut at the clothes, letting them lay underneath her, and Doc cuts at the straps on her bra and tank top. "How are you feeling, Pookie?" He asks her, taking some clean gauze and pressing it to the wound.

"Good," Sang says through gritted teeth, her eyes drooping closed. She forces them back open a second later.

Doc removes the gauze and examines the wound. My fisted hand comes up to my head and I press it at my mouth, biting my finger. "Straight through," Doc says, and my shoulders relax just a little. "That means stitches and antibiotics. No minor operation."

He takes out a vile and a syringe. "I'm going to give you some morphine, Sang, to help with the pain."

Sang jerks her head in a nod. "Alright."

The Toma team comes back, and we all watch as Sang is given morphine and stitches. The beautiful girl I've come to care for keeps her eyes open, even though you can clearly see she just wants to close them. She grits her teeth, and only every now and then does a tear leak from her eyes.

When Doc starts putting a bandage on her he says, "Can we put her in someone's bed so she can rest?"

"I'll go change the sheets on mine," Axel says and walks off down the hall. Corey is on his heels, no doubt to give him a helping hand.

Sang's eyes close again, and she turns her head, her face away from Doc's. I tilt my head to see her face, and when I do, her eyes are open again. Victor rounds the sofa and leans over the back of it, moving hair from her face. "Hey, Princess."

"Mom?" She whispers.

My shoulders tense and several sharp breaths of air are breathed into lungs. "No, Sang. It's Victor," Victor says softly, his voice sounds choked up.

"I want my mom." Her chin trembles. "I miss my mom."

"I know, Princess," Victor whispers. When I see a tear leak down his cheek, I about break down. He looks to Doc. "Can she sleep now?" Doc nods his head once. "Go to sleep, Princess," Victor murmurs, his thumb gliding over her cheek. "We'll be here when you wake up."

Sang's eyes finally close, and when they don't open, we know she's finally giving into the exhaustion she feels along with the effects of the morphine.

I just hope when she wakes she'll stay, and not finish walking away.

A/N: okay, this is defiantly the last one! Also, while I'm here some people are having problems commenting on the previous chapter! I don't know why this is happening. I've re-published it several times and it's still not working.

Also, question. Now the Toma Team has been introduced, would you mind the story having their POV's too? I wasn't going to do it, but a few details - that I can't share yet - have been sorted and well, I wanted to know if you wouldn't mine Toma Team POV's. Hopefully this chapter lets you comment with answers.

Have a good day and weekend!