Chapter Eighty Seven

Sang

When the sun starts to rise into the sky, I'm already awake. I didn't manage much sleep. I'm so used to the guys and their warmth that sleep was almost impossible. I missed them. Once my eyes had opened I got up, showered and dressed for the day. I don't know what the plans are so I put on a pair of shorts, a grey t-shirt with black and pink love hearts on the front, and toss my hair up into a ponytail before going downstairs.

I immediately get started on making batter for pancakes, whisking eggs to scramble, I prepare biscuits and gravy and make cinnamon rolls. In between all of that, I send two messages.

Sang: Happy Birthday, North. <3 Love always.
Sang: Breakfast @ 9am.

The group chats go crazy with replies but I ignore them and focus on North's reply.

North: Thanks, Sang Baby. *kiss emoji*

I grinned at my phone before continuing to make breakfast. Dad comes out of his room, dressed in casual jeans and a fitted but worn AC/DC band T-shirt that has my eyebrows jumping up. He hasn't bothered to comb his hair from his shower, nor has he shaved. He looks around the kitchen, at the mess I've made and all the food. "Are we feeding an army?" He asks.

"Pretty much. It's North's birthday, I've invited them over for breakfast."

He purses his lips, sliding his hands into his pockets. Displeased. However, he nods his head, going over to the brand new coffee machine. "Where did this come from?"

"Marc. He loves coffee. I don't know how to use it though so you'll have to figure it out yourself or wait for them to get here in an hour."

"I'll wait," he says, getting a bottle of water from the fridge. "Are the guys the ones you have plans with today?"

I nod my head, going to the fridge and pulling out two packets of bacon, tossing them on the kitchen counter before getting a frying pan from the cupboard. "Yes. I don't know what the plans exactly are. I just wanted to make myself free for anything they may have planned for North's birthday. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough."

Dad nods his head, watching me as I open the bacon and put a few slices in the pan before turning it on. "I didn't say anything last night, but I like your hair. It suits you."

"Thank you," I smile. "Brave and daring after my shopping trip Thursday."

"I noticed the purchases. Quite a large one for Victoria Secrets."

I pause what I'm doing. I look over at him. "I needed new underwear. The sales assistant helped me find my correct size. I also got some pyjamas and loungewear. It's the first time I've ever splurged."

"I'm not telling you off for it, Sang. I'm just glad you finally spent some money on the credit card." He places his bottle of water down and gets a spatula. I move out of the way and he stands at the frying pan, flipping the bacon before adding a few more slices. "Being in the FBI, I earn good money. We also have loads of money from your Mom's life insurance payout, plus what she inherited when she was eighteen, that is now yours, sitting in an account for you when you're ready."

"Dad, I thought you worked at some computer company and was low on the ladder. You've never spoken about finances with me. You give me an allowance every week, that I've barely touched over the years, and a credit card for me to use when I need too. I assumed we had some money, but not much."

"The house is owned by me, the car is a total piece of crap to be inconspicuous." He pauses, looking up from the sizzling bacon to look at me. "The big house will be yours in a few weeks."